Insular Foundation focuses on helping the Filipino youth achieve quality education through various programs such as its enduring Gold Eagle Scholarship Grant for College Students, Adopt-A-Scholar program for public elementary school pupils, donation of disaster-resilient classroom buildings for public high schools, storytelling workshops, and donation of children’s storybooks to elementary students.
Insular Foundation also contributes to the country’s environmental protection efforts in partnership with local government units and non-government organizations such as: the Kawayanihan Project in Lubao, Pampanga; and donation to the Philippine Eagle Foundation to support their research and conservation efforts for the endangered Philippine Eagle.
During the pandemic, the Foundation provided Personal Protective Equipment, and free life insurance and hospitalization allowance to frontliners in nine hospitals in Metro Manila.
“Insular Foundation is one of the first corporate foundations in the country, focusing primarily on access to quality education, youth development, environmental protection and conservation, and employee volunteerism. Established in the early 1960s, it marked its golden anniversary last year,” Asia CEO Awards said during its recent online awards night.
“The Foundation’s initiatives are geared towards creating a sustainable planet and investing in human development for a better future for our country. These projects also magnify the mother company’s commitment for the Filipino people,” Asia CEO Award added.
“Insular Foundation has been working quietly but consistently for more than 50 years, and we are happy that we have been given the opportunity to create significant impact in the lives of the people we have assisted all these years. We also thank World Vision for putting a spotlight on corporate social responsibility as we are able to celebrate the other corporate foundations who are doing excellent work for social good,” shared Insular Foundation Executive Director Ana Maria R. Soriano.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1