LAW ENFORCERS were able recover a high-powered firearm that members of the New People’s Army hid in a village in Davao Oriental last week based on the information from a resident.
Based on the military report, soldiers belonging to the 66th Infantry Battalion discovered the high-powered firearm after a resident who benefited from the community outreach program of the government in Tarragona informed the soldiers of the location of the arms in Tubaon village.
A team of military and police went to the area and recovered a loaded 5.56mm rifle.
Col. Krisnamurti Mortela, 701st Infantry Brigade commander, said the operation was based on the report of a civilian on the activities of the armed group as the military theorized that the outlawed armed group left the firm after an encounter.
Davao Oriental Gov. Nelson Dayanghirang, said residents of the rural areas have become active in the campaign to end the armed conflict.
Tarragona Mayor Nestor L. Uy lauded the police and the military for their efforts in ending the armed conflict. “I commend the troops of 66IB and PNP members of Davao Oriental Police Office for the successful conduct of their joint operations in my municipality,” Uy said.
Mortela thanked the residents for providing “positive and timely information to the government forces regarding the activities and concealed High-powered firearm and ammunition”.
“We are glad that the residents of Tubaon village willingly supported us in ending insurgency in conflict-affected areas,” he added.
- AboitizPower celebrates Women’s Month
- P31-million in fire damage recorded in Q1 2023
- Safe travels
- Dry spell looms
- No rest for weary as Davao City gears up for Holy Week
- 10th ID chief thanks security cluster for orderly Ironman
- ROUGH CUTS| Two new influential neighbors
- Bukidnon Ranch Shifts Away from Traditional Cattle Breeding through Bionova’s Biotech
- Davao City assesses safety measures after Ironman triathlete’s passing
- PRO XI to look into lapses after Ironman athlete crashes into boy