LAW ENFORCERS were able recover a high-powered firearm that members of the New People’s Army hid in a village in Davao Oriental last week based on the information from a resident.
Based on the military report, soldiers belonging to the 66th Infantry Battalion discovered the high-powered firearm after a resident who benefited from the community outreach program of the government in Tarragona informed the soldiers of the location of the arms in Tubaon village.
A team of military and police went to the area and recovered a loaded 5.56mm rifle.
Col. Krisnamurti Mortela, 701st Infantry Brigade commander, said the operation was based on the report of a civilian on the activities of the armed group as the military theorized that the outlawed armed group left the firm after an encounter.
Davao Oriental Gov. Nelson Dayanghirang, said residents of the rural areas have become active in the campaign to end the armed conflict.
Tarragona Mayor Nestor L. Uy lauded the police and the military for their efforts in ending the armed conflict. “I commend the troops of 66IB and PNP members of Davao Oriental Police Office for the successful conduct of their joint operations in my municipality,” Uy said.
Mortela thanked the residents for providing “positive and timely information to the government forces regarding the activities and concealed High-powered firearm and ammunition”.
“We are glad that the residents of Tubaon village willingly supported us in ending insurgency in conflict-affected areas,” he added.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021