EIGHTEEN individuals were arrested for gambling in Barangay Daliao, Toril District at 12:50 a.m. on Wednesday.
They were identified as Austin Rick Nacario, 18, married, self-employed; Mariz Hermosisima, 30, single, self-employed; Aurilio Alonzo Amancio, 48, married, self-employed; Arnil Dumantog Ote, 27, single, self-employed; Romilyn Bicoy Bañar, 27, single, self-employed; Emmy Cañada Cabante, 30, single, self-employed; Roque Ortiz Delionor, 30, single, self-employed; Irene Candia Cabante, 49, married, self-employed and Clarita Tangian Purkima, 58, married, self-employed.
Also arrested were Arlene Manego Bicar, 48, married, self-employed; Criteria Deiparine Alloso, 51, married, self-employed; Jelly Cuadra Amancio, 45, married, self-employed; Dennis Maniego Bicar, 24, married, self-employed; Andrew Demata De Lemos, 24, married, self-employed; Dennis Manto Boniza, 36, single, self-employed, Marecil Sardua Abao, 40, married self-employed; Harold Omandac Abao, 40, married, self-employed and Climaco Alforque Tangian, 60, male, married, self-employed.
Maj. Michael Uyanguren, the Toril Police Station commander, said all suspects were residents of Pantalan, Barangay Daliao.
They were caught playing “tong-its” by the Anti-Illegal Gambling Task Force of Toril Police Station. Seized from them were four sets of plastic playing cards and the bet money amounting to P458.
The suspects are temporarily held in the Toril Police Station as they face a case for violation of PD 1602.
- `Crime of passion’ | Durante, 9 others tagged in Yvonette Plaza murder
- Rain causes landslide in Malabog
- ROUGH CUTS | Too much love involved here
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 100,000 health cards seen to be released this year, say
- HIGHER RATE | Dabawenyos to pay 20% more for water
- PH to send 14 athletes to Asian Lawn Bowls Championships
- Oil prices up for second straight week
- Barangays told: Set up your reading centers
- SOLDIER MURDERED | Unknown killers shoot soldier dead