EIGHTEEN individuals were arrested for gambling in Barangay Daliao, Toril District at 12:50 a.m. on Wednesday.
They were identified as Austin Rick Nacario, 18, married, self-employed; Mariz Hermosisima, 30, single, self-employed; Aurilio Alonzo Amancio, 48, married, self-employed; Arnil Dumantog Ote, 27, single, self-employed; Romilyn Bicoy Bañar, 27, single, self-employed; Emmy Cañada Cabante, 30, single, self-employed; Roque Ortiz Delionor, 30, single, self-employed; Irene Candia Cabante, 49, married, self-employed and Clarita Tangian Purkima, 58, married, self-employed.
Also arrested were Arlene Manego Bicar, 48, married, self-employed; Criteria Deiparine Alloso, 51, married, self-employed; Jelly Cuadra Amancio, 45, married, self-employed; Dennis Maniego Bicar, 24, married, self-employed; Andrew Demata De Lemos, 24, married, self-employed; Dennis Manto Boniza, 36, single, self-employed, Marecil Sardua Abao, 40, married self-employed; Harold Omandac Abao, 40, married, self-employed and Climaco Alforque Tangian, 60, male, married, self-employed.
Maj. Michael Uyanguren, the Toril Police Station commander, said all suspects were residents of Pantalan, Barangay Daliao.
They were caught playing “tong-its” by the Anti-Illegal Gambling Task Force of Toril Police Station. Seized from them were four sets of plastic playing cards and the bet money amounting to P458.
The suspects are temporarily held in the Toril Police Station as they face a case for violation of PD 1602.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021