ELEVEN individuals were arrested for showing a fake travel authority while passing through the checkpoint in Sitio Lanao, Barangay Marilog on Sunday.
They were identified as Brian Ybarrita Asis, 36, a resident of Matina Aplaya; Romelo Pantaras Dalaon , 21, a resident of Marfori Heights, Barangay 10-A; Jade Peñanueva Naya, 28, a resident of Sampaguita Street, Times Beach; Jack lord Israel Espina, 28, a resident of Jasmine Alley, San Pedro Extension; Mark Rey Dagamac Redoloza, 37, a resident of Barangay Sasa; Brian Genetializa Patalingrao, a resident of Ulas; Jun Roger Nabisaga Truzan, 25, a resident of Keith Williams, Catalunan Pequino; and Reynaldo Pansoy Atuel Jr., 29, a resident of Sta Ana Wharf.
Also arrested were Arjay Costante Alabata, 26, a resident of Lower Madapo Bankerohan; Jhon Vincent Paul Montegrande Te, 22, a resident of Paciano Bangoy, Agdao, and Juanito Dumanig Libre, 48, driver, and a resident of Marfori.
Elements of the Marilog police, led by Capt. Philip Dave Uddin and Maj. Arquiomedes Wesley, commander of the City Mobile Force Company in Marilog, arrested the suspects.
The investigation showed that they were on board a Toyota Grandia with plate number LGP198 and driven by Atuel. They were flagged down by Patrolman Mohammad Hussain Ismael Sakkam at the checkpoint. They said that they came from Valencia City in Bukidnon.
Uddin said that they presented a travel authority dated Oct. 12, 2020, which indicated their names. The letter had a control number DCPO PS4-10-12-2020-2009 and signed by Maj. Arquiomedes Crosby Wesley, station commander of the Calinan police. But Wesley denied issuing papers to the suspects.
- Capacity building for differently-abled persons cooperative continues with dressmaking training
- Globe backs calls for ICT policy reforms
- Ford PH enriches ownership experience with FordPass
- GCash removes clickable links in SMS, emails to improve security of users
- City gov’t, Poland eye areas of cooperation
- NEFM hosts maritime exercise
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | What did the hearing achieve?
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Malabar for breakfast
- Gift of Art