FOUR INDIVIDUALS were arrested for illegal cockfighting at the vacant lot in Purok 11, Barangay Wangan, on Sunday.
They were identified as Ruben Quiboy, 25, single, harvester, a resident of Purok 10, Barangay Wangan; Feliciano Mausisa, 39, married, handler, a resident of Sitio Sta. Marina, Binugao, Toril District; Juan Satisfied Mason, 49, jobless, a resident of Purok 8, Matina; and Peter Bangcas Atos, 52, jobless, a resident of Purok 9, Magsaysay Street, Calinan Poblacion.
Maj. Jake Goles, the Calinan Police Station commander, said they were all arrested for violation of PD1602 (Illegal gambling) after a concerned citizen reported their illegal activity in the said area.
When the police arrived, they chanced upon the suspects and arrested them. Six others were able to escape, according to Goles. Confiscated from the four men were the three game fowls and P420 bet money.
The suspects are temporarily held in the Calinan Police Station while police prepare the charge against them.
‘’The success of this operation serves as a stern warning to the public that the Calinan Police Station 10 is relentless and adamant in the implementation of laws and ordinances despite the crisis of the COVID-19 pandemic,” Goles said.
- ROUGH CUTS | Bongbong-Sara tandem? Signs are unmistakable
- DMCI Homes rolls out tech upgrades for Verdon Parc project
- Ford Philippines sustains solid retail performance With 57 percent growth
- Army, Royal Brunei Armed Forces sign TOR on defense cooperation
- EO 59 bans drinking in public places
- Davao City discontinues use of face shields onboard PUJs
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Army accepting applicants to fill quota for 1,050 officers
- PSC supports ASEAN plan to add more Olympic events in SEAG
- NCCA winds down IP month