FOUR INDIVIDUALS were arrested for illegal cockfighting at the vacant lot in Purok 11, Barangay Wangan, on Sunday.
They were identified as Ruben Quiboy, 25, single, harvester, a resident of Purok 10, Barangay Wangan; Feliciano Mausisa, 39, married, handler, a resident of Sitio Sta. Marina, Binugao, Toril District; Juan Satisfied Mason, 49, jobless, a resident of Purok 8, Matina; and Peter Bangcas Atos, 52, jobless, a resident of Purok 9, Magsaysay Street, Calinan Poblacion.
Maj. Jake Goles, the Calinan Police Station commander, said they were all arrested for violation of PD1602 (Illegal gambling) after a concerned citizen reported their illegal activity in the said area.
When the police arrived, they chanced upon the suspects and arrested them. Six others were able to escape, according to Goles. Confiscated from the four men were the three game fowls and P420 bet money.
The suspects are temporarily held in the Calinan Police Station while police prepare the charge against them.
‘’The success of this operation serves as a stern warning to the public that the Calinan Police Station 10 is relentless and adamant in the implementation of laws and ordinances despite the crisis of the COVID-19 pandemic,” Goles said.
- Man yields shabu at checkpoint
- Man nabbed for shabu
- ROUGH CUTS | Making success an election issue
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – DECEMBER 2, 2021
- Concepcion receives lifetime achievement award
- NCCC reopens Lupon branch
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – DECEMBER 1, 2021
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Laviña | Go’s withdrawal from race a `brave move’
- 150K vaccinees in 3 days eyed