FOURTEEN families temporarily sought shelter after a tornado plowed through communities in Lupon, Davao Oriental on Wednesday.
According to the Municipal Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office (MDRRMO), the houses owned by Janine Soriano in Purok Paglaum, Celestino Medina in Purok Clado, Bert Fuertes in Purok Malipayon III sustained partial damage.
Meanwhile, the tornado totally destroyed the houses owned by Nilo Redulla, Russel L. Manisan, and Mary Ann O. Nitro in Block 1, Purok Townsite; Fe T. Andante, Rose Marie Anore, Alex Rodriguez, Nolita J. Gulane, Joel Antolin in Purok Aroma II; and Jinky L. Zandi in Paglaum and Joanne Familleza in Purok Magdagondong in Lupon, Davao Oriental.
The affected families are now in the Barangay Hall of Lupon Poblacion.
Due to the heavy rainfall and strong gust of wind, trees collapsed on establishments, causing some partial damage.
The Lupon Municipal Police Station, personnel of 28th Infantry Battalion, Bureau of Fire Protection, Municipal Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office, local government unit, Barangay Peacekeeping Action Team, and volunteers conducted disaster relief operation for the victims.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021