FOURTEEN families temporarily sought shelter after a tornado plowed through communities in Lupon, Davao Oriental on Wednesday.
According to the Municipal Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office (MDRRMO), the houses owned by Janine Soriano in Purok Paglaum, Celestino Medina in Purok Clado, Bert Fuertes in Purok Malipayon III sustained partial damage.
Meanwhile, the tornado totally destroyed the houses owned by Nilo Redulla, Russel L. Manisan, and Mary Ann O. Nitro in Block 1, Purok Townsite; Fe T. Andante, Rose Marie Anore, Alex Rodriguez, Nolita J. Gulane, Joel Antolin in Purok Aroma II; and Jinky L. Zandi in Paglaum and Joanne Familleza in Purok Magdagondong in Lupon, Davao Oriental.
The affected families are now in the Barangay Hall of Lupon Poblacion.
Due to the heavy rainfall and strong gust of wind, trees collapsed on establishments, causing some partial damage.
The Lupon Municipal Police Station, personnel of 28th Infantry Battalion, Bureau of Fire Protection, Municipal Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office, local government unit, Barangay Peacekeeping Action Team, and volunteers conducted disaster relief operation for the victims.
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?