FOURTEEN families temporarily sought shelter after a tornado plowed through communities in Lupon, Davao Oriental on Wednesday.
According to the Municipal Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office (MDRRMO), the houses owned by Janine Soriano in Purok Paglaum, Celestino Medina in Purok Clado, Bert Fuertes in Purok Malipayon III sustained partial damage.
Meanwhile, the tornado totally destroyed the houses owned by Nilo Redulla, Russel L. Manisan, and Mary Ann O. Nitro in Block 1, Purok Townsite; Fe T. Andante, Rose Marie Anore, Alex Rodriguez, Nolita J. Gulane, Joel Antolin in Purok Aroma II; and Jinky L. Zandi in Paglaum and Joanne Familleza in Purok Magdagondong in Lupon, Davao Oriental.
The affected families are now in the Barangay Hall of Lupon Poblacion.
Due to the heavy rainfall and strong gust of wind, trees collapsed on establishments, causing some partial damage.
The Lupon Municipal Police Station, personnel of 28th Infantry Battalion, Bureau of Fire Protection, Municipal Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office, local government unit, Barangay Peacekeeping Action Team, and volunteers conducted disaster relief operation for the victims.
- Capacity building for differently-abled persons cooperative continues with dressmaking training
- Globe backs calls for ICT policy reforms
- Ford PH enriches ownership experience with FordPass
- GCash removes clickable links in SMS, emails to improve security of users
- City gov’t, Poland eye areas of cooperation
- NEFM hosts maritime exercise
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | What did the hearing achieve?
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Malabar for breakfast
- Gift of Art