LAW ENFORCERS caught about 100 individuals on Thursday, the first day of the reimplementation of the curfew in the city.
Captain Rosario Aguilar, spokesperson of Davao City Police Office, said the violators were collared in the different parts of the city.
This developed as Mayor Sara Z. Duterte on Friday said she would look into the complaints of some groups, particularly those members of the business sector, who claimed that the reimposition of the curfew have affected their businesses drastically.
Based on the record, of those arrested, nine were for liquor ban violation, 16 for mass gathering, one for not wearing face mask, and 10 for pillion riding without barrier. The rest were for the violation of the curfew.
The city decided to re-impose the curfew between 7 pm until 5 am and that this would run until December 31. The order came about to curb the continued spread of the coronavirus.
Also reimplemented during the curfew is the banning of liquor and drinking of this kind of drinks in public places.
In justifying the order, Duterte said it was based on the interviews with the patients.
“Base ni siya sa mga interviews sa confirmed Covid-19 patients, nakita nato ang mga lihok and we deemed it na kinahanglan na iregulate ang mga activities nga ginabuhat sa mga tao nga dili essential,” she said on Monday’s broadcast of the Davao City Disaster Radio.
The curfew is also implemented to pre-empt the increase of cases due to after-work non-essential activities during the Christmas season.
She said there is a need to control the Covid-19 cases in Davao City because of the critical status of the number of beds dedicated to Covid-19 in the Southern Philippines Medical Center (SPMC).
- Capacity building for differently-abled persons cooperative continues with dressmaking training
- Globe backs calls for ICT policy reforms
- Ford PH enriches ownership experience with FordPass
- GCash removes clickable links in SMS, emails to improve security of users
- City gov’t, Poland eye areas of cooperation
- NEFM hosts maritime exercise
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | What did the hearing achieve?
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Malabar for breakfast
- Gift of Art