THE FIRST-EVER community simulation exercise was a success with 19 of the 25 “terrorists” reported by Davaoeños to the dedicated hotline within four hours since the experiment started.
“Our security system will never be the same after this exercise,” said Col. Consolito Yecla, Task Force Davao commander. “We are now having a robust security system in Davao City based on the support and cooperation of all Davaoeños.”
According to the report from Task Force Davao, as of 1:30 p.m., yesterday, only six of the people playing the role of the terrorist were not spotted by the public.
– At 10:20 a.m., one terrorist was neutralized by security personnel of Gmall Bajada.
– At 10:26 a.m., another terrorist was neutralized at Abreeza Mall by a lady guard of EO Optical Clinic
– At 10:37 a.m., one terrorist was neutralized by security personnel of SM Lanang.
– At 10:39 a.m., one terrorist was neutralized at MacDonald’s along Sta. Ana Avenue. The terrorist was identified by the manager of the fast-food chain.
– At 10:56 a.m., one terrorist was neutralized at Gaisano Buhangin. The terrorist was identified by a merchandiser at Counter Nr 30 of the store.
– At 10:30 a.m., one terrorist was neutralized after he was identified by the manager of Chowking Lanang.
– At 11 a.m., one terrorist was neutralized at SM Annex, Ecoland after he was identified by a CRS clerk of the establishment.
– At 11:53 a.m., one terrorist was neutralized at SP Building by an employee of the city. Accordingly, the terrorist was able to eat and conduct surveillance inside a restaurant along Bolton Street.
– At 12:10 p.m., one terrorist was identified and neutralized at City Hall by a GSO employee. The 13th terrorist was also able to visit a church as his original target of surveillance before proceeding to City Hall.
– At 12:29 p.m., one terrorist was neutralized at Woodlane by an employee of BDO. During the interrogation, the 14th captured terrorist revealed that he was able to visit a church unnoticed.
– At 12:35 p.m., one terrorist was identified and reported by the manager of Rinas Treasure Inn in Matina Aplaya.
– At 1 p.m., one terrorist was identified and neutralized by a lady guard at the releasing window of the Philippine Statistics Authority long Cabaguio Avenue.
– At 1:16 p.m., one terrorist was identified and reported by an employee of DOLE along Dacudao Avenue, Agdao District.
– At 1:20 p.m., one terrorist was identified and reported by an employee of the DILG office at the Almendras Recreational Center, along Quimpo Boulevard
– At 1:27 p.m. today, one terrorist was reported and neutralized by an employee in the lobby of My Hotel.
The community exercise was part of the “Culture of Security” campaign of the TFD and the city government to engage the public into becoming more vigilant and report unattended bags, as well as suspicious persons and activities.
The public was told to be on the lookout for these “terrorists” who were wearing a blue t-shirt, denim pants, a black face mask, and a black ballcap with a ribbon tied on it.
Yecla noted that the exercise did not cause panic and a traffic jam. “This is the exercise with the biggest coverage but the most effective one,” he said.
The Task Force Davao commander added that they will conduct a post-simulation assessment. “But if there are shortcomings, we can easily address them. Remember that we can learn both from our successes and failures,” Yecla added.
- Sara | avoid Xmas gatherings as city not out of COVID woods yet
- Woman nabbed in buy-bust
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – NOVEMBER 25, 2021
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- STRICTER RESTRICTIONS | Kids in malls prompt possible tougher curbs for 11-year-olds and below
- 19 NPA leaders, members surrender to EastMinCom
- P40-K worth of shabu seized at checkpoint
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – NOVEMBER 24, 2021
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Until it’s time for you to go