Indie pop outfit Gentle Isolation revisits the eternal appeal of their music favorites on “Sound Wave,” their latest single under Lilystars Records.
Written in 2014, the effervescent twee pop anthem pays tribute to the obscure pop heroes that inspired the band to make music. “Our latest track is an ode to the music that we held dear like one of our close friends: they come and go because of the inevitable proliferation of trends, but they’ll remain special in our hearts,” guitarist and vocalist Monch Cristobal says.
Gentle Isolation cites New Order, The Stone Roses, Trembling Blue Stars and Belle & Sabastian as inspiration in writing and producing “Sound Wave,” owing their lushly ornate sound and irresistible pop smarts to the cult favorites that define their taste as musicians.
“The intro was inspired by early New Order with minimal drums and melodic basslines setting the tone for something of delicate poise,” Cristobal describes their latest song. “I added synth elements to help shape the sound, while Ness shows up in the chorus with her distinct singing style adding a tinge of sunshine to the mix. To top it off, we incorporated string parts instead of a guitar solo. It is always my style to put the best part on the finale.”
The Gentle Isolation is a Bulacan-based band composed of Ness Urian (vocals and acoustic guitars), Monch Cristobal (bass, guitars, and synths), and Bach Rudica (drums) as core members, and Rommel Vivar (live guitar player), Law Santiago (live bass player) as session players. They released their debut EP, It Started With An April Shower in 2010, and earned overwhelming praises from critics for its “shining mix of jangly guitars, defined instrumental hooks and addicting pop melodies.”
“Sound Wave” is now available on all streaming platforms worldwide via Lilystars Records.
Advertiser posts are paid posts published by Mindanao Times. For inquiries, message us at our Facebook Page, www.facebook.com/MindanaoTimes.
- Discover new tech trends and the new retail at the Stores Asia Expo 2022
- 10th ID donates aircons to seniors
- `Disgraceful version’ Sara lambastes Walden Bello for `blaming’ her for libel case
- Man missing as floods hit city, bares CDRRMO
- Thai, 14 others to judge `Indak-indak’, says organizer
- Councilors acknowledge Times’ role in shaping Davao’s history
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Davao Light and Poer Co., Inc. Service disruptions on August 11, 12, and 13 in different areas of Davao City
- ROUGH CUTS | One light moment with the late FVR
- OFFICIAL | Number of enrollees seen to surpass number last year