A 22-YEAR-OLD woman drowned when she was caught by the strong currents while swimming in Barangay Atan-Awe, Toril District around 11 a.m. on Sunday.
She was identified as Mary Jane Cabigon Padillos, a resident of Purok 8, Baracatan, Toril.
Capt. Rosario Aguilar, city police spokesperson, said Padillos and her friends were swimming at the Baracatan River, particularly in Purok 1, Atan-Awe.
At 3:45 p.m., a Villa Funeral Parlor employee informed the Toril Police Station that a woman was brought to them after drowning.
Personnel of the Toril police went to investigate and make sure there was no foul play in the incident.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021