A 22-YEAR-OLD woman drowned when she was caught by the strong currents while swimming in Barangay Atan-Awe, Toril District around 11 a.m. on Sunday.
She was identified as Mary Jane Cabigon Padillos, a resident of Purok 8, Baracatan, Toril.
Capt. Rosario Aguilar, city police spokesperson, said Padillos and her friends were swimming at the Baracatan River, particularly in Purok 1, Atan-Awe.
At 3:45 p.m., a Villa Funeral Parlor employee informed the Toril Police Station that a woman was brought to them after drowning.
Personnel of the Toril police went to investigate and make sure there was no foul play in the incident.
- Migs Dominguez is new Alsons Dev director
- This is it — #AngSignNaHanapMo to achieve your beauty goals
- JIB’s IChef Makes History as Mindanao’s First Halal-Certified Institution
- EGALITARIAN l Weak Peso to Our Advantage
- HONORING MY MOTHER l Cleaning as lifesaver (a Rewrite)
- ROUGH CUTS l Men are created equal?
- 2 cops nabbed for involvement in Gensan robbery; superiors relieved
- P2.448-M in shabu seized in Toril raid
- Residents urged vote for city in global contest
- Davaoeña is new head of TPB