THE Public Employment Service Office (PESO) of the city bared that the six partner employers have 1,189 vacancies being offered in a in the virtual job fair today.
Erwin Cagape, PESO labor and employment officer, said the job vacancies are posted on the official Facebook page of the agency (ww.facebook.com/PesoDavaoCity).
“This is the seventh virtual job fair since June. Virtual job fairs are conducted and are posted on our Facebook page twice a month,” Cagape said.
Cagape said that before the actual job fair, interested applicants can send their applications through the links posted on the page as employers will start evaluating and call applicants for an interview on the day of the virtual job fair.
“If they are available for a video interview on FB messenger, they should comment #READY so the company representative may contact them with the FB account used to post the comment. They should also make sure to keep their mobile phones available for interviews,” he said.
Cagape added that through the virtual job fairs more applicants can apply as long as they have Internet access.“Before, around 300 applicants can only be accommodated. Since it has become virtual, around 1,000 applicants can apply. They can now also apply to all the companies they’re interested in, unlike before, they struggle because of long queues,” Cagape said.
On one hand, he said the companies may also find it difficult to reach out to the applicants due to the availability of the applicants for a virtual interview.
Cagape reminded all applicants to make their mobile phones or telephones accessible after sending an application for employers to easily reach them.
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat