THE Public Employment Service Office (PESO) of the city bared that the six partner employers have 1,189 vacancies being offered in a in the virtual job fair today.
Erwin Cagape, PESO labor and employment officer, said the job vacancies are posted on the official Facebook page of the agency (ww.facebook.com/PesoDavaoCity).
“This is the seventh virtual job fair since June. Virtual job fairs are conducted and are posted on our Facebook page twice a month,” Cagape said.
Cagape said that before the actual job fair, interested applicants can send their applications through the links posted on the page as employers will start evaluating and call applicants for an interview on the day of the virtual job fair.
“If they are available for a video interview on FB messenger, they should comment #READY so the company representative may contact them with the FB account used to post the comment. They should also make sure to keep their mobile phones available for interviews,” he said.
Cagape added that through the virtual job fairs more applicants can apply as long as they have Internet access.“Before, around 300 applicants can only be accommodated. Since it has become virtual, around 1,000 applicants can apply. They can now also apply to all the companies they’re interested in, unlike before, they struggle because of long queues,” Cagape said.
On one hand, he said the companies may also find it difficult to reach out to the applicants due to the availability of the applicants for a virtual interview.
Cagape reminded all applicants to make their mobile phones or telephones accessible after sending an application for employers to easily reach them.
- AboitizPower’s Hedcor celebrates 45th anniversary
- PRO XI: Heighten patrols to keep streets safe
- 8 Injury Prevention Tips for Older Athletes
- KonsultaMD SuperApp: A game-changer in Philippine healthcare
- MTCP Alumni feted by Malaysian Consul General Consul General of Malaysia, Hon. Deddy Faisal Ahmad Salleh
- Consul General of Malaysia Mr. Deddy Faisal Bin Ahmad speech at High Tea Reception in honour of MTCP Alumni
- Globe shifts Iloilo facility to renewable energy, total sites on clean energy now at 25
- ROUGH CUTS| We’re starting to read through the pictures
- Poplar invites UX designers and writers to Designers Homecoming
- 62 fire victims get cash aid