THE CITY government for the renewal of business permits next year to ensure that minimum health protocols like physical distancing will be followed as the entire continues to grapple with the impact of the coronavirus pandemic.
Business Bureau chief Maribel Paguican said her office, the City Treasurer’s Office (CTO) and City Information and Technology Center (CITC) are working together in setting up seven seven one-stop-shop sites for the permit renewals, six of them offsite as well as the one at the Sangguniang Panlungsod.
“Kita na ang mopaduol didto sa atong mga clients, so dili na sila magtravel padulong diri. Dili na sila makigdagsang sa mga tao dinhi,” Paguican said.
The offsite one-stop-shops will be set up at the Almendras Gym for taxpayers residing in Agdao and Talomo; Tugbok District Office; Toril District Office; Calinan Gym for those residing in Calinan, Marilog, and Baguio; Bunawan Gym for Bunawan and Paquibato residents; and Buhangin Gym in Buhangin District.
Paguican said they are expecting about 45,000 business establishments to renew their business permits in January.
She said the setting up of the one-stop shops would ensure faster processing of the renewal and lesser risk from exposure of clients to virus.
“Hopefully, mapatuman nato ang 2021 renewal nga dili ma-jeopardize atong mga clients kay maglisod sila’g biyahe, maglisod sa paglinya. Ug dili pud ta at risk ug ma-expose sa daghang tao,” Paguican said.
She added the city government has started buying equipment for the satellite offices and that these are set to cater to clients during regular hours on weekdays.
New applicants are required to seek their permits from the main office of the agency at the Sangguniang Panlungsod.
Paguican asked business owners to also prepare their requirements as early as now because those will fail to comply within the renewal period will face penalties.
She added that their office is closely working with CITC to put the business permit application and renewal online for easier transactions in the future.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021