The proposed budget of the Philippine Sports Commission for 2021 was approved on committee level of the Senate today in a virtual hearing presided over by Chairperson of the Committee on Sports, Senator Bong Go, along with Senators Imee Marcos and Nancy Binay.
In his opening statement, Go congratulated the PSC on the overall championship finish of Team Philippines during the 39th Southeast Asian Games. “We ended 2019 on a high note because of that monumental win. Thanks to you and our national team,” expressed the Senator.
The PSC was represented by Chairman Butch Ramirez and Commissioner Ramon Fernandez, with Acting Executive Director Atty. Guillermo Iroy presenting the breakdown of the proposal which totals 207 Million which has already gone through study and approval of the Department of Budget Management.
Expenses for preparations and participation for the 2021 Tokyo Olympics and the 31st SEA Games in Vietnam amounting 250 Million, along with budgets for the Paralympics, Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games, Asian Youth Games and the Asian Beach Games were sought in a separate proposal.
Go committed to find ways to help the agency in its work for the national team. He also expressed his elation over the developments with regards preparations for the National Academy of Sports.
Also in attendance was Games and Amusement Board Chairman Baham Mitra, who was there to also present their own proposed budget.
Plenary deliberations will follow at a schedule to be announced later. (pr)
- Migs Dominguez is new Alsons Dev director
- This is it — #AngSignNaHanapMo to achieve your beauty goals
- JIB’s IChef Makes History as Mindanao’s First Halal-Certified Institution
- EGALITARIAN l Weak Peso to Our Advantage
- HONORING MY MOTHER l Cleaning as lifesaver (a Rewrite)
- ROUGH CUTS l Men are created equal?
- 2 cops nabbed for involvement in Gensan robbery; superiors relieved
- P2.448-M in shabu seized in Toril raid
- Residents urged vote for city in global contest
- Davaoeña is new head of TPB