AN ADDITIONAL 21 nurses of the Police Regional Office XI nurses were sent to the Southern Philippines Medical Center (SPMC) to beef up the depleting number or medical frontliners in the fight against COVID-19.
Brig Gen. Filmore Escobal, the PRO 11 director spearheaded the send-off ceremony last Friday for the additional 21PNP Nurses to Southern Philippines Medical Center (SPMC), the biggest and the only COVID center in Davao City.
Escobal said this batch will be joining the other 38 PNP Nurses who were augmented with the DOH since April 2020 in response to the depleting number of nurses in the Covid 19 facilities.
“Through the deployment of the PNP nurses, this PRO aims to help lessen the burden of our medical Frontline and to beef-up the depleting number of medical practitioners assigned in the different Covid 19 facilities,” He said.
Also, the regional police director said that PNP nurses that SPMC and PRO 11 will continue to provide necessary protection so that they will be able to fight and protect themselves from this pandemic.
He also promised that they will be prioritized in Combat Duty Pay and Combat Incentive Pay.
Further, Escobal thanked the SPMC for the continuous partnership and for ensuring that all the nurses augmented to them were equip with PPE’s and even have their refresher courses prior their exposure to the nursing facilities.
“I am confident that we will be able to build a stronger union in combat of Covid 19 pandemic,” He said, adding that and as always, we at PRO 11 are willing to go even beyond the call of our duties to be in the service of the people.”
Hence, augmenting some of our PNP Nurses to SPMC is very timely and necessary especially in this trying times,” Escobal’s remarked during the said send-off ceremony for the PNP, PRO 11 Nurses.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021