AN EX-ARMY soldier was arrested by elements of the Bunawan police in a buy-bust operation in Purok Tambis, Barangay Sto Nino, Panabo City, at 6:30 p.m. on Oct. 2.
He was identified as Rommel Pacanje Samones, 46, a resident of Barangay San Francisco in Panabo.
Maj. Noel Villahermosa, the commander of Bunawan Police Station, said they consider the suspect as a high-value target.
The suspect was arrested after he received the money from the undercover operative who bought 0.06 grams worth of shabu worth P408.
Recovered from him were seven sachets of suspected shabu, weighing 16.01 grams with an estimated value of P108,868, Samsung cellphone; P1,000 cash, and a black Honda Wave motorcycle bearing temp plate number 1101-370954.
He is now under the custody of the Bunawan police, facing a charge for violation of sections 5 and 11 of RA 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.
- Capacity building for differently-abled persons cooperative continues with dressmaking training
- Globe backs calls for ICT policy reforms
- Ford PH enriches ownership experience with FordPass
- GCash removes clickable links in SMS, emails to improve security of users
- City gov’t, Poland eye areas of cooperation
- NEFM hosts maritime exercise
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | What did the hearing achieve?
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Malabar for breakfast
- Gift of Art