ACTING City Mayor Sebastian Duterte reminded the public to strictly follow the health protocols and to go out only for work, emergency, and essential activities following the spike in COVID-19 cases.
“The recent increase in COVID-19 cases in Davao City is proof that the virus is still very much present in our communities. As a result, our healthcare facilities are nearing maximum capacity,” he said in a statement.
Furthermore, “I am advising everyone to take extra precaution when visiting malls, grocery stores, and public markets.”
Gatherings are strongly discouraged at this time and for the upcoming All Souls’ Day, everyone is advised to visit their departed loved ones before Oct. 29 and after Nov. 4.
He further said that “The local government will continue to enforce the minimum health standards and we are imploring everybody to work together in ensuring the safety of every Dabawenyo.”
As of 5 p.m. on Wednesday, the Department Of Health Davao Center for Health Development reports 48 new cases of COVID-19 in the region, bringing the total number of active cases to 549.
Of these new cases, 38 are from Davao City, six are from Davao del Norte, three are from Davao Oriental, and one from Davao Occidental
Two deaths are also reported, one each from Davao City and Davao del Sur.
There are 31 recoveries reported. Among these, 23 are from Davao City, five are from Davao del Sur, two are from Davao Oriental, and one from Davao de Oro. Of these new cases, 40 are local transmission, three are locally stranded individuals, and five are for further verification.
A total of 1,245 persons were tested, of which 81 tested positive for COVID-19. Also, the DOH-Davao Region has recorded a total of 2,433 people who have successfully recovered from the virus.
- Capacity building for differently-abled persons cooperative continues with dressmaking training
- Globe backs calls for ICT policy reforms
- Ford PH enriches ownership experience with FordPass
- GCash removes clickable links in SMS, emails to improve security of users
- City gov’t, Poland eye areas of cooperation
- NEFM hosts maritime exercise
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | What did the hearing achieve?
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Malabar for breakfast
- Gift of Art