THE DAVAO City Chamber of Commerce and Industry has intensified its push for the Buy Local campaign as it is a major factor in reviving the economy ravaged by the coronavirus pandemic.
John Carlo B. Tria, president of the business association, said that the people of the city need to support the campaign because this will help in the recovery of the economy which in turn will slowly provide livelihood activities and job opportunities.
“Strengthening the local economy will prepare us for many more future disruptions such as possible calamities,” Tria said in an interview of the city government-run Davao City Disaster Radio.
He said that buying local products will provide opportunity for everyone in the community.
“Matag piso na atong igasto sa atong lokal na ekonomiya, mubalik sa atoa,” Tria said even as he called on the young people to help in pushing the campaign by using their social media tools.
The business association is also set to hold an online seminar today on “Balik Probinsya, Bagong Pag-asa,” a national government initiated program aimed at luring back to their respective provinces families that have lived in Metro Manila as they were in search for greener pasture.
In the online activity, the business group said among the speakers are Sen. Christopher Lawrence Go, the proponent of the program, and Gil Dureza of the Board of Investments.
Also set to join the event is Dr. Maria Lourdes Monteverde, former president of the association, who will brief the participants on the development in the real estate industry not only in the city but in the entire Mindanao.
Managing Editor at Mindanao Times
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat