A 28-YEAR-OLD man, ranked number 10 in the Panabo City police drug watchlist, was arrested in a buy-bust in Purok 9, Urban Poor, Barangay Salvacion, at 12:45 a.m. on Tuesday.
He was identified as Anselmo Española Medalla Jr., 28, a resident of the area.
Nephi Noli Dimaandal, the spokesperson of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency 11, said Medalla was arrested for selling a large sachet of shabu weighing more or less one gram worth P9,000 to an operative.
Another three sachets of shabu with a total weight of 12 grams and a street value of P180,000 were recovered from his possession.
The operation was conducted by agents of PDEA-Davao del Norte, the Provincial Intelligence Branch of the Davao Norte Police Provincial Office, and Panabo City Police Station.
Meanwhile, agents from PDEA-Davao del Sur, Davao del Sur Police Provincial Office, and the Digos City Police Station conducted a joint buy-bust operation in Purok Gemelina Centro, Barangay San Miguel, Digos City at 7:40 p.m. on Sept. 28.
The subject, Jeverlon Orcullo, was able to elude the arrest. But the authorities arrested Jaymark Orcullo and Joey Cobol after they were found inside the drug den.
“The operatives chased Orcullo, but no to avail,” he added.
Four sachets containing suspected shabu, weighing more or less two grams with a street value of P32,000 and drug paraphernalia were seized during the operation.
They will all face a case for violation of Republic Act 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.
- Exec: Davao light spending P1.85-B in capex in 2021
- Microsoft unveils immersive education solutions to inspire educators in reimagining learning experiences
- Damosa, IWG unveil franchise partnership
- EDITORIAL | The community press today
- STATEMENT | Ending violence and ensuring jobs and rights for Filipina OFWs
- City In Photos
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Automatic writing
- Philippine Media Statement On the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- City In Photos