A 28-YEAR-OLD man, ranked number 10 in the Panabo City police drug watchlist, was arrested in a buy-bust in Purok 9, Urban Poor, Barangay Salvacion, at 12:45 a.m. on Tuesday.
He was identified as Anselmo Española Medalla Jr., 28, a resident of the area.
Nephi Noli Dimaandal, the spokesperson of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency 11, said Medalla was arrested for selling a large sachet of shabu weighing more or less one gram worth P9,000 to an operative.
Another three sachets of shabu with a total weight of 12 grams and a street value of P180,000 were recovered from his possession.
The operation was conducted by agents of PDEA-Davao del Norte, the Provincial Intelligence Branch of the Davao Norte Police Provincial Office, and Panabo City Police Station.
Meanwhile, agents from PDEA-Davao del Sur, Davao del Sur Police Provincial Office, and the Digos City Police Station conducted a joint buy-bust operation in Purok Gemelina Centro, Barangay San Miguel, Digos City at 7:40 p.m. on Sept. 28.
The subject, Jeverlon Orcullo, was able to elude the arrest. But the authorities arrested Jaymark Orcullo and Joey Cobol after they were found inside the drug den.
“The operatives chased Orcullo, but no to avail,” he added.
Four sachets containing suspected shabu, weighing more or less two grams with a street value of P32,000 and drug paraphernalia were seized during the operation.
They will all face a case for violation of Republic Act 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.
- `Crime of passion’ | Durante, 9 others tagged in Yvonette Plaza murder
- Rain causes landslide in Malabog
- ROUGH CUTS | Too much love involved here
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 100,000 health cards seen to be released this year, say
- HIGHER RATE | Dabawenyos to pay 20% more for water
- PH to send 14 athletes to Asian Lawn Bowls Championships
- Oil prices up for second straight week
- Barangays told: Set up your reading centers
- SOLDIER MURDERED | Unknown killers shoot soldier dead