A MAN stabbed reportedly tried to slit his own throat on Monday afternoon after learning that he was positive for COVID-19.
Alias John, of legal age, was brought to the Southern Philippines Medical Center for treatment. TIMES is withholding his identity due to the sensitivity of the case.
Capt. Rosario Aguilar, the spokesperson of Davao City Police Office, said John tried to end his life using a kitchen knife. But a businessman saw him approach his vehicle near BPI bank along C.M. Recto Avenue, Barangay 38-D.
The businessman called the attention of the security guard on duty when he saw the patient lying on the ground with a gashing wound on his neck.
The witness also noticed a large kitchen knife beside the victim, who was still conscious at that time and was answering their questions.
John reportedly wanted to commit suicide after learning that he tested positive for the deadly virus. The Central 911 medical rescuers were called to the scene and he was transported on an ambulance to the SPMC after applying first aid.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021