CITY government employees involved in illegal activities will immediately be dismissed from work, apart from facing a criminal charge.
Mayor Sara Duterte vowed that the city will not tolerate all public sector workers whose names are dragged in criminal activities, especially drugs.
Her reaction came on the heels of the arrest of a traffic enforcer under the City Transport and Traffic Management Office (CTTMO) for selling drugs.
“Wala ta’y tolerance sa mga city government employees nga involved sa mga drugs cases (We do not have a tolerance on city government employees involved in drug cases),” she said.
The mayor said that all job order or contract of service personnel will immediately be terminated from service.
“For plantilla employees, they will be processed through the investigating committee, which will determine their appropriate sanction following the rules on administrative cases in the civil service,” said Davao City Human Resource Management Office Head Lemuel Ortonio.
The Civil Service Commission (CSC) Resolution No. 1700653 dated March 15, 2017 states that any government official or employee caught using or peddling drugs at any time shall be charged with grave misconduct and may also be charged criminally under Republic Act No. 9165 (Dangerous Drugs Act) and other pertinent laws.
Ortonio added that the Davao City Drug-Free Workplace Committee is in the process of formulating a program for employees involved in illegal drugs.
The traffic enforcer was apprehended on Thursday night, September 17, after selling suspected shabu to an undercover police officer. He is currently under the custody of Sasa Police Station. In February this year, another traffic enforcer and three others, including a former councilor’s son, were arrested during the operation on a drug den conducted by the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency XI in Diamond Street, SM Village, Bangkal, Talomo Proper.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021