THE CITY government will distribute additional 100 tablets to poor but deserving junior and senior high school pupils under the “Student Siblings’ Tablet Sharing Project” program initiated by Mayor Sara Duterte.
The 100 Lenovo tablets donated by the International Department of the Communist Party of China in Beijing are additional units to the 300 laptops earlier given by the Consulate Office of the People’s Republic of China in Davao City for the same project.
Norman Baloro, the spokesperson for the special project, said the school pupils who were not selected to receive the first batch of gadgets have another chance for the second round of assessment.
He said the same criteria for the selection of the beneficiaries will still apply.
“The tablet sharing project will have the same criteria as the laptop sharing project, so we will get the 100 beneficiaries there. We will take the next qualified 100 after the first 300 who qualified for the laptop,” he said.
Baloro said close to 2,000 junior and senior high school pupils sent their applications for the “Student Siblings’ Laptop Sharing Project.” The names of the 300 qualified applicants for the program are already posted on the official Facebook page of Eskwela Davao.
The beneficiary should be a junior or senior high school pupil from an indigent family, indigent solo parent, or living with indigent guardians; must have online and offline classes; lives in a dwelling with electricity; and, must have two or more siblings who are enrolled in schools to share the laptop.
Priority is still given to less fortunate families and pupils who haven’t enrolled in other scholarship programs and assistance from the government.
Baloro said that their office will announce the qualified pupils for the Tablet Sharing Project next week, and will distribute the tablets at 3 p.m. on Oct. 1 at the Peoples’ Park. Vice Mayor Sebastian Duterte is expected to attend the handover of the gadgets.
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Hard as can be
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Free HIV testing and treatment still available at Davao’s RHWC
- Bakunahang Bayan launched at Tomas Claudio Health Center
- BOC-Davao continues Sasa Port modernization
- SEC Davao warns public vs. APower, OTCJKE
- Honorary Muslim Princess pursues Maranao museum
- PREACHING PaTIENCE | Endure Christmas gridlock a little longer – Mayor Duterte
- 2 suspects killed in shootout with police
- HEALTH OFFICIAL SAYS: Report personnel asking for VaxCert certificate payment