THE CITY government is coming up with an online passenger data recording system that incoming passengers arriving at the Davao International Airport will need to comply with after receiving their boarding passes at their places of origins.
In a press statement, the city government said its information technology department has developed the online system to help contact tracers identify those incoming passengers that will be found infected with the coronavirus.
On Friday, Mayor Sara Z. Duterte said the system will shorten the stay of the passengers at the airport and will prevent those who have not been infected with the virus from getting exposed to those who have it.
Another reason, she said, is to help lighten the load of the frontliners who are also vulnerable to getting infected, particularly those who are tasked to trace the contacts of those infected.
“We need to protect our frontliners,” Duterte said during her program over Davao City Disaster Radio.
She added that the city government has outsourced the creation of the quick response (QR) Code that will help identify the passengers and make it easier to access their data.
The system will also allow the city to “immediately identify those who are positive (of the illness),” she said.
The QR Code will help the city government in tracking down those who have been exposed to passengers who will be found infected by the virus.
The city government said the pieces of information that will be required from the passengers are the same as that the ones that the Department of Health requires from those who undergo testing.
The city government will also hold a test run of the system between October 7 and 11 and that by October 12, all passengers will be required to fill out the online form before they board their flight to the city. By Rhoda Grace B. Saron and CQ Francisco
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat