TWO ALLEGED fixers were arrested for offering guaranteed annulment in exchange for a fee during an entrapment operation inside a shopping mall along Quimpo Boulevard on Tuesday.
Maj. Milgrace Driz, the head of Criminal Investigation and Detection Group-Davao City Field Unit (CIDG-DCFU) identified them as Lyndon Onell Duldulao and Lyndon Miones Lapig.
They were caught after they accepted the marked bill from the client as payment for the processing of petition for annulment of marriage.
Confiscated from their possession were the P1,000 marked money padded with newspaper cutouts (boodle money), and the acknowledgement receipt signed by Lendon Onell T. Duldulao.
“The IBP Davao chapter through their president, Atty. Maceste Uy and officers. alarmed us that there are online announcements for petition for annulment of marriage in Social Media, which is a violation of their legal ethics,” she said.
The victim also sought help from the CIDG to arrest the suspects.
“We are reminding the public … to be responsible before posting on social media,” she added.
The two face a case for violation of Art. 177 of the Revised Penal Code for usurpation of authority and violation of Art. 315 of the Revised Penal Code or estafa.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021