AN ALLEGED drug dealer was killed when he reportedly fought the police during a buy-bust operation in Purok 1, New Matina Gravahan, at 10:35 p.m. on Sept. 22.
The suspect was identified only as alias Jay, 44, a resident of Matina.
Maj. Sean Logronio, the newly designated commander of Talomo Police Station, said the suspect shot at the officers after sensing that he was targeted for arrest.
“Accordingly, the suspect violently resisted arrest. He did shoot it out with the police officer when he was to be arrested but he missed the target. This prompted the police poseur buyer to return fire that resulted in his untimely demise,” He said.
Elements of the Talomo police and the Special Operations Group of the Davao City Police Office brought him to the Southern Philippines Medical Center but he was declared dead on arrival.
The Scene of the Crime Operatives (SOCO) recovered two sachets containing suspected shabu; a .38 revolver loaded with live bullets, and the P1,000 marked bill.
Logronio said the suspect, whose name was withheld to protect the identities of his children, was also sexually abusing his 17-year-old daughter who was afraid to file a complaint due to fear. His daughter also told the police that their house was used as a drug den.
“The elder daughter of the suspect manifested that their father ( suspect) flirted with her siblings and even offered them drugs to use whenever he is high,” he added.
Logronio warned criminals that will run after criminals in their area of jurisdiction.
“We will have so many targets,” he said. “We are just waiting for the right time to arrest them unless they would fight back during the operation, so we don’t have a choice but to defend ourselves.”
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?