THE REGIONAL police director has warned all personnel of immediate dismissal if they are caught drinking liquor in public, pawning or losing their firearms or engaging in other illegal activities.
During his FB Live via Police Regional Office XI account on Sept. 18, Brig. Gen. Filmore Escobal reminded the men and women of the force that he would implement the directive of Gen. Camilo Pancratius Cascolan, the chief of the Philippine National Police, against erring personnel.
He said police personnel must be responsible, respectable, and disciplined.
President Rodrigo Duterte alo announced that PNP personnel caught drinking in public will be terminated from the police service.
“Hence, a mere photograph or video by the citizen showing police personnel engaged in cockfighting or drinking in public places is enough evidence for him to be dismissed from the police service,” He said.
However, he assured those caught will go through the proper proceedings even if they will be sanctioned with dismissal. They will be reinstated into service if the investigation will exonerate them.
For the record, during the stint of Escobal there were already 15 personnel dismissed, one demoted, and 27 suspended after they were found guilty of engaging in illegal and prohibited activities.
- Marvel x Miniso at Home and Living sale
- CITY IN PHOTOS
- CITY IN PHOTOS
- ROUGH CUTS | Why are they ‘noisy’ now
- PLAIN AND SIMPLE | Bringing out the best in us
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Opening Farewell
- 2 Reds slain in clashes | military
- Seniors to get COVID-19 shots starting next month
- COVID-19 | 90% recovery rate logged in the city, says top doctor
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day