A RECIDIVIST was arrested in a buy-bust operation inside a condominium along Porras Street at 2:50 p.m. on Monday.
Ernesto Estardo Callao Jr., 37, married and a resident of Cabantian, was handcuffed by operatives of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency XI after handing over a sachet of shabu in exchange for P5,000.
PDEA 11 spokesperson Nephi Noli Dimaandal, said the operatives also seized 16 sachets containing suspected shabu in different sizes weighing more or less 15 grams with a street value of P225,000, drug paraphernalia, and the marked money.
He said Callao was previously arrested for the same offense last May 29, 2019 and availed of the plea bargaining, which led to his release last Dec. 4, 2019.
“Despite the chance given by the government for his reformation, he persisted in his illegal drug trade, hence, he was rearrested,” he added.
The suspect will be charged for violation of Sec. 5 (Sale of Dangerous Drugs), Sec. 11 (Possession of Dangerous Drugs) and Sec. 12 (Possession of Drug Paraphernalia), Article II of Republic Act 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002).
- Capacity building for differently-abled persons cooperative continues with dressmaking training
- Globe backs calls for ICT policy reforms
- Ford PH enriches ownership experience with FordPass
- GCash removes clickable links in SMS, emails to improve security of users
- City gov’t, Poland eye areas of cooperation
- NEFM hosts maritime exercise
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | What did the hearing achieve?
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Malabar for breakfast
- Gift of Art