A RECIDIVIST was arrested in a buy-bust operation inside a condominium along Porras Street at 2:50 p.m. on Monday.
Ernesto Estardo Callao Jr., 37, married and a resident of Cabantian, was handcuffed by operatives of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency XI after handing over a sachet of shabu in exchange for P5,000.
PDEA 11 spokesperson Nephi Noli Dimaandal, said the operatives also seized 16 sachets containing suspected shabu in different sizes weighing more or less 15 grams with a street value of P225,000, drug paraphernalia, and the marked money.
He said Callao was previously arrested for the same offense last May 29, 2019 and availed of the plea bargaining, which led to his release last Dec. 4, 2019.
“Despite the chance given by the government for his reformation, he persisted in his illegal drug trade, hence, he was rearrested,” he added.
The suspect will be charged for violation of Sec. 5 (Sale of Dangerous Drugs), Sec. 11 (Possession of Dangerous Drugs) and Sec. 12 (Possession of Drug Paraphernalia), Article II of Republic Act 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002).
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021