Two high-value targets arrested in a sting operation
MORE THAN P1 million worth of shabu were seized from two alleged drug dealers during a buy-bust operation in Sampaguita Street, Km. 5, Buhangin District.
The suspects were identified as Ricky Bustamante, 40, single, male, electrician, and Miguelito Bustamante, 37, both residents of the area.
Maj. Estrello Ramiso, the commander of Buhangin Police Station, said they considered the two suspects as high-value targets, accordion to the Directorate for Intelligence drugs watchlist.
Confiscated from the possession of the suspects were 18 sachets of suspected shabu with an estimated weight of more or less 90 grams. The contraband had a street market value of more or less P1.4 million.
It was the biggest haul since July this year when a banana plantation executive yielded P2.2 million worth of shabu at the Sirawan checkpoint in Toril District.
Allan Rey Mapalo Peralta, 35, who works for Sumifru and a resident of Purok 11, Upper Piedad, Barangay Bato, Toril, was stopped at the checkpoint for a routine inspection when he reportedly acted suspiciously.
Earlier this month, JC Mendoza Castillo, 44, a construction worker and a resident of Purok 23, Phase 1, Barangay Sto Nino, Tugbok District, was also arrested after more than P900,000 worth of shabu were found in his possession at a checkpoint along MacArthur Highway, fronting Shell gas station, in Ulas.
Meanwhile, Ramiso said that the confiscated drugs from Bustamante were turned over to the Regional Crime Laboratory in Ecoland for examination. They will be used as evidence in the case against him for violation of sections 5 and 11 of RA 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002).
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021