THE City Library and Information Center (DCLIC) has called on city-based artists to submit proposals to make mural paintings for the new library building located along C. Bangoy Street.
Salome Enoc, head of DCLIC, said her office is accepting proposal from local artists sot hey can showcase their talent in mural painting for the library building which will become a permanent feature of the building.
“Para matagaan nato sila og opportunity para ma-showcase ilang mga talents kay kini nga mural mahimo ni siyang permanent fixture sa atoang bag o nga gitukod nga city library. By floor, naa tay lahi lahi na concept,” she said.
Enoc added that the vision is to make the mural as part of the learning and information process of the city library.
Meanwhile, Enoc said her office is currently preparing to transfer their facilities, including the books, books to the new building.
“We are preparing for the transfer. Nag hinay hinay na ta og choose og books. If we have duplicate copies, ibilin nato sa mga district offices,” Enoc said.
The four-storey building is approximately 346 square meters per floor. On the ground floor are the Reception and Periodicals Café. On the second floor is the Learning Amphitheatre, Children’s Corner, and Dabawenyana Corner. On the third floor is the Formal Reading Area; while the Administrative Office, Computer Room, and Audio-Visual Room (AVR) are located on the fourth floor.
Enoc said that there will be a roof deck on the fifth floor where they plan to put a garden or a green space.
The new library building is being constructed with a P100 million funding support from the Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation (PAGCOR) and the city government’s trust fund.
According to Enoc, the construction of the building is scheduled to be completed in October and by then the works on the interiors, including the painting of the mural, will start.
The complete guidelines on the application for the City Library Murals will be posted on the Facebook page of Davao City Library and Information Center and the City Government of Davao next week. Interested artists may contact the CLIC at 241 1000 loc 390/391.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021