TWO ALLEGED drug dealers were killed in a reported shootout with law enforcers during a buy-bust operation in Purok Kalumpang, Barangay Punta Biao, Digos City, Davao del Sur on Wednesday.
Meanwhile, a total of 96,000 worth of shabu were recovered during the operation.
The two slain suspects were identified as Ernie Dave Wabinga Tan and Erwin Abaño Quijano, who were the principal targets of the anti-drug operation.
Nephi Noli Dimaandal, the spokesperson of Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency XI, said the suspects sensed that they were dealing with operatives and they pulled out their firearms to shoot it out and escape.
However, the operatives fired back and hit both suspects. They were rushed to the nearest hospital but were declared dead on arrival.
Recovered during the operation were four sachets of shabu in various sizes weighing more or less six grams, .38 revolver, and a .45 caliber pistol, and the motorcycle they used in the transaction.
The operation was launched by the PDEA-Davao del Sur Provincial Office, Regional Intelligence Unit, Provincial Drug Enforcement Unit, Provincial Intelligence Unit of the Davao Sur Police Provincial Office, and the Digos City Police Station.
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?