TWO ALLEGED drug dealers were killed in a reported shootout with law enforcers during a buy-bust operation in Purok Kalumpang, Barangay Punta Biao, Digos City, Davao del Sur on Wednesday.
Meanwhile, a total of 96,000 worth of shabu were recovered during the operation.
The two slain suspects were identified as Ernie Dave Wabinga Tan and Erwin Abaño Quijano, who were the principal targets of the anti-drug operation.
Nephi Noli Dimaandal, the spokesperson of Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency XI, said the suspects sensed that they were dealing with operatives and they pulled out their firearms to shoot it out and escape.
However, the operatives fired back and hit both suspects. They were rushed to the nearest hospital but were declared dead on arrival.
Recovered during the operation were four sachets of shabu in various sizes weighing more or less six grams, .38 revolver, and a .45 caliber pistol, and the motorcycle they used in the transaction.
The operation was launched by the PDEA-Davao del Sur Provincial Office, Regional Intelligence Unit, Provincial Drug Enforcement Unit, Provincial Intelligence Unit of the Davao Sur Police Provincial Office, and the Digos City Police Station.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021