VETERAN assistant trainer Raides “Nonoy” Neri has joined World Boxing Association (WBA) super welterweight champion Manny “PacMan” Pacquiao in General Santos City last week.
Pacquiao, however, has not started his formal training for his next fight.
“Wala pa mi training, basketball lang (There is no training yet only basketball),” said Neri.
Neri went home and did not join John Riel “Quadro Alas” Casimero, who is scheduled to defend his World Boxing Organization (WBO) bantamweight title against undefeated Duke Micah of Ghana on Oct. 26 at the Moegan Sun Casino in Uncasville, USA.
“Ni uli ko kay training ni Manny (I went home because of Manny’s training),” said Neri.
The formal training might start in November or December according to Neri.
“Ang plano Crawford pero dili pa sigurado (The plan is Crawford but there is nothing final yet),” said Neri.
WBO World welterweight champion Terence “Bud” Crawford of the US is undefeated with 36 wins and 26 knockouts. Lito delos Reyes
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?