THE CITY government on Monday reminded all vendors at the newly reopened Roxas Night Market to strictly follow health protocols to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
The reminder also goes for all Davaoeños going to the Roxas Night Market, which reopened on Saturday, Sept. 12.
Mayor Sara Duterte said vendors found violating the measures imposed by the city government will be blacklisted.
“Importante sa atoa nga makita sa mga tao, makita sa uban kung unsa ang strikto nga pag implement sa strict health protocols (People must see how strict we are in implementing the health protocols). We should set as an example,” Mayor said.
She bared that during the baseline swabbing of all vendors conducted three days before the reopening of the Roxas Night Market three individuals tested positive of the coronavirus.
“From the baseline swabbing that we conducted three days before the opening, two vendors and one security personnel have tested positive and they are already in our temporary treatment and monitoring facility,” she said.
City Health Officer Dr. Josephine Villafuerte reminded all vendors and personnel of the health protocol.
“We will be very strict. Just one offense done by the vendor, they will not be allowed to operate at the night market anymore,” Villafuerte said.
All vendors at the night market are required to wear a hairnet, face mask, and face shield at all times while working. Patrons are asked to prepare their IDs for contact tracing purposes, wear facemasks, and face shields, observe social distancing, and to use foot bath and handwashing and sanitation stations.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission