THE CITY government on Monday reminded all vendors at the newly reopened Roxas Night Market to strictly follow health protocols to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
The reminder also goes for all Davaoeños going to the Roxas Night Market, which reopened on Saturday, Sept. 12.
Mayor Sara Duterte said vendors found violating the measures imposed by the city government will be blacklisted.
“Importante sa atoa nga makita sa mga tao, makita sa uban kung unsa ang strikto nga pag implement sa strict health protocols (People must see how strict we are in implementing the health protocols). We should set as an example,” Mayor said.
She bared that during the baseline swabbing of all vendors conducted three days before the reopening of the Roxas Night Market three individuals tested positive of the coronavirus.
“From the baseline swabbing that we conducted three days before the opening, two vendors and one security personnel have tested positive and they are already in our temporary treatment and monitoring facility,” she said.
City Health Officer Dr. Josephine Villafuerte reminded all vendors and personnel of the health protocol.
“We will be very strict. Just one offense done by the vendor, they will not be allowed to operate at the night market anymore,” Villafuerte said.
All vendors at the night market are required to wear a hairnet, face mask, and face shield at all times while working. Patrons are asked to prepare their IDs for contact tracing purposes, wear facemasks, and face shields, observe social distancing, and to use foot bath and handwashing and sanitation stations.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1