PHILIPPINE Red Cross, Davao City Chapter, pursuing and achieving its mission to provide much needed health services, especially filling blood requirements of patients in hospitals, victims of accidents, dialysis, leukemia and other ailments, has embarked on a fundraising campaign calling on biking enthusiasts to participate.
Humanity Virtual Run, a 3-leg Virtual Bikeathon carries with it the theme “Pedal it out and make every mile count”. It is a cycling event where one can participate anywhere you may be, at your most convenient time, and at your own pace.
There is no specific venue and the participants can ride their bikes anywhere it is possible and safe, be it on the road, trail, or even indoors using trainers. Although Leg 1 has started on September 1, 2020, registration is extended to September 9. Leg 2 is extended to September 25 and Leg 3 to October 25, 2020. As of September 4, 2020 Leg 1 already had 161 registrants; Leg 2 – 98 and Leg 3 – 98 registrants.
Participants who have registered come from Antipolo City, Rizal, Baganga and Cateel in Davao Oriental, Bansalan and Hagonoy and Davao City in Davao del Sur, Butuan City, Agusan del Norte, Cebu City, Don Carlos and Valencia City in Bukidnon, Koronadal City, South Cotabato, Marikina City, Quezon City and San Juan City in Metro Manila, Montevista, Davao de Oro, Panabo City and Tagum City in Davao del Norte, San Jose del Monte, Bulacan, and Malita, Davao Occidental.
Bikers have one month to complete their chosen distance and leg. In virtual riding, one can ride a few kilometers in a day, depending on their schedule, until they reach their target distance of 200 KM, 300 KM, or 400 KM.
Bikers have already started to submit screenshots or a photo of their cycling entries that shows the distance and the time from their mobile phone (i.e. Strava, Zeopoxa Cycling, Garmin Connect, Suunto, and others) or any gadget (i.e. sports watch) which can be used to track their cycling exercise (road, trail, indoor).Photo credits: Philippine Red Cross.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success