AN ALLEGED drug pusher was killed when he reportedly tried to shoot it out with the arresting operatives in a buy-bust operation in Purok 14, Mangustan Street, Barangay Madaum, Tagum City on Sept 11.
The slain suspect was identified as Edgar Fernandez, 45, a resident of the said place.
Nephi Noli Dimaandal, the spokesperson of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency XI, said the suspect sensed that he was dealing with law enforcers, so he pulled out his .38 revolver and fired at them. They retaliated and gravely wounded him.
The operatives rushed him to the nearest hospital where doctors tried to save his life, but he died an hour later.
Seized from him were six sachets of shabu with a total weight of three grams and an estimated street value of P45,000, the .38 revolver with live bullets, and the buy-bust money.
The operation was launched by the joint elements of the Davao del Norte Provincial Office of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency Regional Office XI, the Provincial Intelligence Branch of Davao Norte Police Provincial Office, and the Tagum City Police Station.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market