AN ALLEGED drug pusher was killed when he reportedly tried to shoot it out with the arresting operatives in a buy-bust operation in Purok 14, Mangustan Street, Barangay Madaum, Tagum City on Sept 11.
The slain suspect was identified as Edgar Fernandez, 45, a resident of the said place.
Nephi Noli Dimaandal, the spokesperson of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency XI, said the suspect sensed that he was dealing with law enforcers, so he pulled out his .38 revolver and fired at them. They retaliated and gravely wounded him.
The operatives rushed him to the nearest hospital where doctors tried to save his life, but he died an hour later.
Seized from him were six sachets of shabu with a total weight of three grams and an estimated street value of P45,000, the .38 revolver with live bullets, and the buy-bust money.
The operation was launched by the joint elements of the Davao del Norte Provincial Office of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency Regional Office XI, the Provincial Intelligence Branch of Davao Norte Police Provincial Office, and the Tagum City Police Station.
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?