AN ALLEGED drug pusher was killed when he reportedly tried to shoot it out with the arresting operatives in a buy-bust operation in Purok 14, Mangustan Street, Barangay Madaum, Tagum City on Sept 11.
The slain suspect was identified as Edgar Fernandez, 45, a resident of the said place.
Nephi Noli Dimaandal, the spokesperson of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency XI, said the suspect sensed that he was dealing with law enforcers, so he pulled out his .38 revolver and fired at them. They retaliated and gravely wounded him.
The operatives rushed him to the nearest hospital where doctors tried to save his life, but he died an hour later.
Seized from him were six sachets of shabu with a total weight of three grams and an estimated street value of P45,000, the .38 revolver with live bullets, and the buy-bust money.
The operation was launched by the joint elements of the Davao del Norte Provincial Office of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency Regional Office XI, the Provincial Intelligence Branch of Davao Norte Police Provincial Office, and the Tagum City Police Station.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission