THE CHIEF of the Davao City Sports Development Division has reminded Dabawenyos that team and individual contact sports remain prohibited under the Modified General Community Quarantine (MGCQ).
City Sports Chief Michael Denton Aportadera made the statement in response to inquiries about the conduct of team exercises, especially basketball training.
Aportadera said that basketball teams are not allowed to conduct team training as it compromises the safety of the players.
“Sa karon, dili sa nato na pugson nga magdula gyud mo og basketball (For now, let’s not force that you play basketball). For those varsities, I would suggest that your training should be done individually. Dili gyud na sila pwede magdungan,” Aportadera said on Thursday in an interview with the Davao City Disaster Radio.
If they want to train, he said, it is better to conduct their training exercise individually to ensure no virus transmission.
“Kung gusto sila mag-exercise, it has to be done sa ilaha lang gyud individual self. Dili man gyud pwede nga i-allow nato karon ang team exercises (If they want to exercise, it has to be done on their own. We cannot allow team exercises for now). Do your training individually,” said Aportadera.
Aportadera appealed for Dabawenyos’ understanding and consideration, emphasizing the importance of prioritizing the safety of the people during this pandemic.
Meanwhile, the City Sports Division has encouraged people to exercise in their homes through the Aktibo Dabawenyo, the online health and wellness program for Dabawenyos to remain fit at home. Aktibo Dabawenyo was recently launched by the city government.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021