A MAN was arrested following a complaint that he was issuing bogus security guard licenses, during an entrapment operation at Km. 19, Barangay Los Amigos, Tugbok District at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday.
He was identified as Rolando Ruaya Legaspi.
Maj. Milgrace Driz, the head of Criminal Investigation and Detection Group-Davao City Field Unit (CIDG-DCFU), said the suspect was handcuffed after he reportedly accepted the money worth P5,000 from the complainant.
The amount was supposedly for the payment of the processing for a security guard license.
Confiscated from his possession were the P1,000 money, a fake provisional permit, a bogus certificate of general knowledge examination for In-Service Enhancement Security Training Course ( ISESTC): a fake certificate of general knowledge examination for re-training course, and a smartphone.
The suspect was brought to the CIDG for booking and documentation. He would be turned over to the Tugbok Police Station for his temporary detention.
Driz said the CIDG has been monitoring his activity after receiving a complaint against his illegal activities. The complainants also brought the documents with them, which prompted the authorities to launch an entrapment operation against Legaspi.
“We urge and remind others not to indulge themselves to pay for falsified documents such as this,” she added.
- Marvel x Miniso at Home and Living sale
- CITY IN PHOTOS
- CITY IN PHOTOS
- ROUGH CUTS | Why are they ‘noisy’ now
- PLAIN AND SIMPLE | Bringing out the best in us
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Opening Farewell
- 2 Reds slain in clashes | military
- Seniors to get COVID-19 shots starting next month
- COVID-19 | 90% recovery rate logged in the city, says top doctor
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day