A GROUNDBREAKING ceremony was conducted on Monday for the water system project in Purok 4, Barangay Cacao, Panabo City.
Brig. Gen. Filmore Escobal, the Police Regional Office XI director, spearheaded the groundbreaking and blessing ceremony for the water system project.
“This Barangay Cacao spring development project would once again serve as a reminder of the efficient and effective police and community relation, which was further strengthened through the deployment of the Revitalized Pulis sa Barangay,” Escobal said.
The project was initiated by PRO XI R-PSBs headed by Lt. Charmae Mejorada, with the help of Punong Barangay Jerry O. Luna, Alfredo Cabunilas, Leopoldo Cabunilas and family, who donated a portion of their land as the water source for the community.
The team Mejorada came up with this project after asking the community to identify their most pressing problem.
Mejorada’s team approached and negotiated with the Cabunilas brothers whom they convinced to make the said donation, after showing them the various ways on how to make their other resources productive.
The water project is just part of the PRO XI’s contribution to ending the local insurgency, particularly in remote areas.
Davao del Norte Gov. Edwin I. Jubahib, 2nd District Rep. Alan R. Dujali, and Panabo Mayor Jode Relampagos also approved the budget allocation of P1.2 million for the construction of the water pumping station to extract water from the natural spring on site.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories