A DRUG recidivist was arrested in a buy-bust operation conducted along Claro M. Recto Street, Poblacion at 3:15 p.m. on Monday.
He was identified as Kent Laurente Mazo, 39, and a resident of Barangay 76-A, Bucana. He was arrested after allegedly handing over a sachet of shabu worth P16,000 to an undercover agent of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency XI.
PDEA XI spokesperson Nephi Noli Dimaandal said that another small sachet shabu and the buy-bust money were seized during the operation.
Dimaandal said Mazo was arrested for violation of the Republic Act 9165 in 2012 and was released in October 2018.
“Undaunted and unrepentant, he went back to his old ways of selling illegal drugs, and eventually he got arrested again after the information was received by this office through a concerned citizen that he is into illegal drug activities again,” he said.
“Despite the chance given by the government for his reformation, still, he chooses to go back again in jail,” he further said.
Mazo is now detained in the PDEA XI facility while he awaits the charge to be filed against him for violation of Sec. 5 (Sale of Dangerous Drugs), and Sec. 11 (Possession of Dangerous Drugs), Article II of Republic Act 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002).
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market