She was identified as Jenalyn Arcillas Ganzan, 34, a resident of Zone 4, Poblacion, Tagoloan, Misamis Oriental. She was reportedly a high-ranking officer of HQ Nelsay, Sub-Regional Committee 1, Northern Central Mindanao Region Command, the military said.
According to the military report, Ganzan was served an arrest warrant issued by Judge Fernando R Fudalan, Jr. of Regional Trial Court, Branch 7, Bayugan City, Agusan del Sur for the criminal cases of destructive arson under CC No. 6624, and kidnapping and serious illegal detention under CC No. 6527.
Lt. Col. Ricky L. Canatoy, commanding officer of the 58IB, said the military and the police will continue to work together to pursue lawless elements.
“This arrest proves that the terrorists cannot run away from the long arm of the government. So, I urge the remaining remnants of the NPA to return to the folds of the law, avail the government program under Enhanced Comprehensive and Local Integration Program (E-CLIP), and live with your families peacefully, “Canatoy said.
Ganzan was brought and held in the Tagoloan Municipal Police Station. She will be endorsed to the proper court to face her cases.
Her arrest was the result of the efforts of the 58th Infantry Battalion and 8th Infantry Battalion, together with the personnel of the Provincial Intelligence Unit of Misamis Oriental, 1001st MC, Regional Mobile Force Battalion X, and Tagoloan Municipal Police Station.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories