She was identified as Jenalyn Arcillas Ganzan, 34, a resident of Zone 4, Poblacion, Tagoloan, Misamis Oriental. She was reportedly a high-ranking officer of HQ Nelsay, Sub-Regional Committee 1, Northern Central Mindanao Region Command, the military said.
According to the military report, Ganzan was served an arrest warrant issued by Judge Fernando R Fudalan, Jr. of Regional Trial Court, Branch 7, Bayugan City, Agusan del Sur for the criminal cases of destructive arson under CC No. 6624, and kidnapping and serious illegal detention under CC No. 6527.
Lt. Col. Ricky L. Canatoy, commanding officer of the 58IB, said the military and the police will continue to work together to pursue lawless elements.
“This arrest proves that the terrorists cannot run away from the long arm of the government. So, I urge the remaining remnants of the NPA to return to the folds of the law, avail the government program under Enhanced Comprehensive and Local Integration Program (E-CLIP), and live with your families peacefully, “Canatoy said.
Ganzan was brought and held in the Tagoloan Municipal Police Station. She will be endorsed to the proper court to face her cases.
Her arrest was the result of the efforts of the 58th Infantry Battalion and 8th Infantry Battalion, together with the personnel of the Provincial Intelligence Unit of Misamis Oriental, 1001st MC, Regional Mobile Force Battalion X, and Tagoloan Municipal Police Station.
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodg