She was identified as Jenalyn Arcillas Ganzan, 34, a resident of Zone 4, Poblacion, Tagoloan, Misamis Oriental. She was reportedly a high-ranking officer of HQ Nelsay, Sub-Regional Committee 1, Northern Central Mindanao Region Command, the military said.
According to the military report, Ganzan was served an arrest warrant issued by Judge Fernando R Fudalan, Jr. of Regional Trial Court, Branch 7, Bayugan City, Agusan del Sur for the criminal cases of destructive arson under CC No. 6624, and kidnapping and serious illegal detention under CC No. 6527.
Lt. Col. Ricky L. Canatoy, commanding officer of the 58IB, said the military and the police will continue to work together to pursue lawless elements.
“This arrest proves that the terrorists cannot run away from the long arm of the government. So, I urge the remaining remnants of the NPA to return to the folds of the law, avail the government program under Enhanced Comprehensive and Local Integration Program (E-CLIP), and live with your families peacefully, “Canatoy said.
Ganzan was brought and held in the Tagoloan Municipal Police Station. She will be endorsed to the proper court to face her cases.
Her arrest was the result of the efforts of the 58th Infantry Battalion and 8th Infantry Battalion, together with the personnel of the Provincial Intelligence Unit of Misamis Oriental, 1001st MC, Regional Mobile Force Battalion X, and Tagoloan Municipal Police Station.
- Exec: Davao light spending P1.85-B in capex in 2021
- Microsoft unveils immersive education solutions to inspire educators in reimagining learning experiences
- Damosa, IWG unveil franchise partnership
- EDITORIAL | The community press today
- STATEMENT | Ending violence and ensuring jobs and rights for Filipina OFWs
- City In Photos
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Automatic writing
- Philippine Media Statement On the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- City In Photos