A MURDER suspect was killed after allegedly wrested the service firearm and shot a police officer in Sitio Bugac, Barangay Suawan, Marilog District, on Saturday.
The suspect was identified as Edwardo Ramirez Alleluya. He had a standing arrest warrant for two cases of murder and one attempted murder, as well as for violation of RA 10591 (Illegal possession of firearms).
Capt. Phillip Dave Uddin, the commander of Marilog Police Station, said the Police Mobile 36 was transporting the suspect to the police station when he requested to urinate. He also told the arresting team that he will urinate on the floor if they won’t stop.
Uddin said that the police officers removed his handcuffs, but he immediately grabbed the firearm of Cpl. Ronald T. Baldos. He then pointed the gun at the officer but the other cops gunned him down.
The personnel of the Marilog Police Station brought Alleluya to the Southern Philippines Medical Center led but he was declared dead on arrival.
Alleluya was the prime suspect in the hacking incident last Aug. 18, 2020, resulting in the death of Isagani Auza, who sustained multiple hack wounds in Sitio Mundo Hill, Barangay Marilog. He also allegedly hacked to death barangay tanod Juancho Tubog Yap last May 26, 2020, in Barangay Bangkas Heights, Toril District.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories