SEVENTY-TWO punong barangays completed a seminar, spearheaded by the Department of Interior and Local Government and Task Force Davao, to reorient them on the city government’s culture of security policy.
Apart from the elected community chiefs, the barangay secretaries and representatives of Toril, Paquibato, Bunawan, Calinan, Marilog, Baguio, Tugbok and Buhangin Districts also attended the seminar at the SP Session Hall.
The seminar aimed to attain the following objectives:
1. To present the Culture of Security, the new anti-terror campaign ‘’May Nakita? Dapat Magsalita! and concept of “Barangay Ko, Bantay Ko.”
2. To instill the sense of accountability and responsibility among the attendees on the security of their respective barangays.
3. To present the role of Punong Barangay in the propagation of the culture of security as prescribed in EO 41, series of 2020.
4. To present and solicit their support in the new anti-terror campaign, ‘’May Nakita? Dapat Magsalita!
5. To solicit inputs from attendees on how to best support the implementation of EO 41.
The culture of security was formally launched last July 1, 2020, via Zoom with Mayor Sara Duterte as the presiding officer.
Duterte signed Executive Order No. 41, which mandates four principal acts to be followed by Davaoeños–which are to volunteer, report, remind and participate–in the fight against terrorism. They are called on to respond in case they notice suspicious persons, activities and items.
The concept of “Barangay Ko, Bantay Ko” empowers the communities for peace and security of Davao City. The officials are reminded about their sense of accountability to ensure peace and order, with the punong barangays taking the lead. They should make sure that the culture of security is incorporated in the barangay’s security plan.
“The Task Force Davao intends to present the Culture of Security to all punong barangays to maximize their potential in the implementation of the EO No. 41,” Col. Consolito Yecla, the Task Force Davao commander, said.
- Campaign highlights importance of supporting children, says WV
- Airline heeds call for faster vaccine rollout
- The mom, her 3 kids and the work that gave her more
- Mask for a Cause at Kultura
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- `E-sabong’ gets nod
- NO TO MIXING | Expert urges residents to register for jabs, warns vs vaccine mixing
- EastMinCom units rewarded with cash
- High infection rate indicates better approach vs virus, say
- 2 nabbed, P1-M in shabu seized