SEVENTY-TWO punong barangays completed a seminar, spearheaded by the Department of Interior and Local Government and Task Force Davao, to reorient them on the city government’s culture of security policy.
Apart from the elected community chiefs, the barangay secretaries and representatives of Toril, Paquibato, Bunawan, Calinan, Marilog, Baguio, Tugbok and Buhangin Districts also attended the seminar at the SP Session Hall.
The seminar aimed to attain the following objectives:
1. To present the Culture of Security, the new anti-terror campaign ‘’May Nakita? Dapat Magsalita! and concept of “Barangay Ko, Bantay Ko.”
2. To instill the sense of accountability and responsibility among the attendees on the security of their respective barangays.
3. To present the role of Punong Barangay in the propagation of the culture of security as prescribed in EO 41, series of 2020.
4. To present and solicit their support in the new anti-terror campaign, ‘’May Nakita? Dapat Magsalita!
5. To solicit inputs from attendees on how to best support the implementation of EO 41.
The culture of security was formally launched last July 1, 2020, via Zoom with Mayor Sara Duterte as the presiding officer.
Duterte signed Executive Order No. 41, which mandates four principal acts to be followed by Davaoeños–which are to volunteer, report, remind and participate–in the fight against terrorism. They are called on to respond in case they notice suspicious persons, activities and items.
The concept of “Barangay Ko, Bantay Ko” empowers the communities for peace and security of Davao City. The officials are reminded about their sense of accountability to ensure peace and order, with the punong barangays taking the lead. They should make sure that the culture of security is incorporated in the barangay’s security plan.
“The Task Force Davao intends to present the Culture of Security to all punong barangays to maximize their potential in the implementation of the EO No. 41,” Col. Consolito Yecla, the Task Force Davao commander, said.
- `Crime of passion’ | Durante, 9 others tagged in Yvonette Plaza murder
- Rain causes landslide in Malabog
- ROUGH CUTS | Too much love involved here
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 100,000 health cards seen to be released this year, say
- HIGHER RATE | Dabawenyos to pay 20% more for water
- PH to send 14 athletes to Asian Lawn Bowls Championships
- Oil prices up for second straight week
- Barangays told: Set up your reading centers
- SOLDIER MURDERED | Unknown killers shoot soldier dead