THE CITYgovernment has deployed its teams to serve hot meals and provide food assistance to families affected by fire in Purok Sto. Niño, Barangay Leon Garcia, Agdao on WEdnesday.
Maria Luisa Luisa Bermudo, head of the City Social Welfare and Development Office (CSWDO), said teams have been sent to provide hot meals through the Kusina ng Bayan, beddings and kitchen utensils to affected residents.
She said the agency is still validating the number of affected families as the initial report said there were about 60 houses, and seven classrooms of the Emmanuel Garcia Elementary School that were gutted by fire.
Bermudo said the city government will also extend financial assistance after the agency finalizes the list of affected families, including those who are just renting.
Lita Impis, barangay chair, expressed her gratitude to the city government for providing immediate help to those affected.
“Dako kaayo mig pasalamat nga naabot dayon ang tabang nga pagkaon, mga hot meals, gikan sa City Government of Davao ug duna pay tabang nga mga moabotay gikan sa atong gobyerno (We are grateful for the immediate food assistance in the form of hot meals from the City Government of Davao and for the assistance that the government will extend to us),” Impis said.
The Davao City Fire District reported that the fire incident occurred at 2 a.m. on Thursday. Investigators were looking as arson as the cause of the fire after someone was arrested for allegedly starting it.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- As many as 27,000 booster shots can be administered daily: official
- Vaccination rollout for 5-11 age group pilot-tested in Manila first before DC
- 5 arrested in buy-bust, drug den raid
- Honda introduces its newest rough terrain bike
- Jarlo Bâse marks his major label debut with soulful, laid-back track “Kalapati”
- J-Pop queen Hikaru Utada delivers another pop masterpiece with eighth studio album, Bad Mode
- Concepcion backs DOLE’s call to private sector employers, but insists it should be voluntary
- WANDERLUST | Blue Lotus Hotel holds relaunch
- NPA regional committee in R-11 to be dismantled in next months