SIX INDIVIDUALS were arrested after law enforcers raided an alleged drug den in Purok Talong, Barangay Gredu, Panabo City, Davao del Norte on Monday evening.
Zenilo Magallen and Jomare Amatong Olaveja were caught in an entrapment operation after they allegedly handed a sachet of shabu worth P9,000 to an operative of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency XI.
Their arrest led the officers to the location of the drug den where they also found suspects Dexter Jhon Torres, Elmer Banosong, Roey Lacsi and Shella Mae Olaveja.
Nephi Noli Dimaandal, the spokesperson of the PDEA XI, said five sachets of suspected shabu of different sizes, weighing a total of 18 grams and with a street value of P270,000, were seized during the operation. They also recovered several empty plastic sachets with suspected shabu residue, assorted drug paraphernalia, and the buy-bust money.
The operation was conducted by the joint elements of the PDEA-Davao del Norte Provincial Office, Davao Norte Police Provincial Office Intelligence Branch, and the Panabo City Police Station.
The suspects will be charged for violating Sec. 26 in relation to Sec. 5 (Attempt or Conspiracy), Sec. 6 (Maintenance of a Drug Den), Sec. 7 (Employees and Visitors of a Den), Sec. 13 (Possession of Dangerous Drugs During Parties, Social Gatherings or Meetings), and Sec. 14 (Possession of Equipment, Instrument, Apparatus and Other Paraphernalia for Dangerous Drugs During Parties, Social Gatherings or Meetings), Article II of Republic Act 9165 or The Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.
- Campaign highlights importance of supporting children, says WV
- Airline heeds call for faster vaccine rollout
- The mom, her 3 kids and the work that gave her more
- Mask for a Cause at Kultura
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- `E-sabong’ gets nod
- NO TO MIXING | Expert urges residents to register for jabs, warns vs vaccine mixing
- EastMinCom units rewarded with cash
- High infection rate indicates better approach vs virus, say
- 2 nabbed, P1-M in shabu seized