SIX INDIVIDUALS were arrested after law enforcers raided an alleged drug den in Purok Talong, Barangay Gredu, Panabo City, Davao del Norte on Monday evening.
Zenilo Magallen and Jomare Amatong Olaveja were caught in an entrapment operation after they allegedly handed a sachet of shabu worth P9,000 to an operative of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency XI.
Their arrest led the officers to the location of the drug den where they also found suspects Dexter Jhon Torres, Elmer Banosong, Roey Lacsi and Shella Mae Olaveja.
Nephi Noli Dimaandal, the spokesperson of the PDEA XI, said five sachets of suspected shabu of different sizes, weighing a total of 18 grams and with a street value of P270,000, were seized during the operation. They also recovered several empty plastic sachets with suspected shabu residue, assorted drug paraphernalia, and the buy-bust money.
The operation was conducted by the joint elements of the PDEA-Davao del Norte Provincial Office, Davao Norte Police Provincial Office Intelligence Branch, and the Panabo City Police Station.
The suspects will be charged for violating Sec. 26 in relation to Sec. 5 (Attempt or Conspiracy), Sec. 6 (Maintenance of a Drug Den), Sec. 7 (Employees and Visitors of a Den), Sec. 13 (Possession of Dangerous Drugs During Parties, Social Gatherings or Meetings), and Sec. 14 (Possession of Equipment, Instrument, Apparatus and Other Paraphernalia for Dangerous Drugs During Parties, Social Gatherings or Meetings), Article II of Republic Act 9165 or The Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?