FILIPINO fighter Joel Kwong of San Juan City will challenge WBC Asia Boxing Council super bantamweight champion Thatana ‘Chainoi Worawut’ Luangpon of Thailand on Sept. 5 at the Workpoint Studio in Bang Phun, Thailand.
Kwong, 27, has been a resident of Bangkok, Thailand since he started boxing in 2013.
The 5-foot-7 1\2 orthodox fighter recently won against Julio De La Basez of Indonesia by a TKO last Oct, 26 at the Highland Boxing in r
Kwong has won three times all in 2019. He earlier TKO’d Hendrik Barongsay of Indonesia last June 22 in Highland Boxing then knockout Jirapat Jorapan last Sept. 20 at Ram 100 Thai Boxing Stadium in Bangkok.
Luangphon, on the other hand, recently won against Jomar Fajardo of the Philippines by a knockout last Aug. 1, 2020, at the Workpoint Studio.
He TKO’d Alvin Medura to win the vacant WBC ABC super bantamweight champion last Oct. 19, 2019, at Workpoint.
The undefeated Luangphon, also known as “Rock Man,” retained his title by beating Daichi Matsuura by a unanimous decision last Dec. 21 at Workpoint. He is also the current WBC Youth world super bantamweight champion.
The Luangphon-Kwong 122 lbs. fight is good for 8-rounds.
The co-main event is featuring the 8-round fight between Phongsaphon Panyakum against Arthit Kaewbantid (118 lbs). Lito delos Reyes
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?