A POLICEMAN was arrested by authorities in a buy-bust operation conducted Barangay Kidalapong, Malita, Davao Occidental on Saturday evening.
Nephi Noli Dimaandal, the spokesperson of Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency XI, identified him as SSgt. Badrudin Usop, 40, married, and a resident of Cotabato City.
He was arrested for allegedly selling a sachet of shabu weighing more or less one gram worth P4,500 to an operative who acted as poseur-buyer.
The buy-bust was conducted by the PDEA XI, Malita Municipal Police Station, Provincial Drug Enforcement Unit and Provincial Intelligence Unit of Davao Occidental Police Provincial Office.
Usop will be charged for violation of Sec. 5 (Sale of Dangerous Drugs) Article II, of Republic Act 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.
Dimaandal said that if Usop is found guilty, the maximum penalty shall be imposed, in addition to absolute perpetual disqualification from any public office as stated in Article II, Section 28 (Criminal Liability of Government Officials and Employees) of Republic Act 9165.
- Composite teams named for COVID vaccination program
- Marawi, Lanao Sur MSMEs to benefit from Plant Tissue Lab
- READY FOR JABBING | Almost 100% of 2,300 DCPO members willing to be vaccinated
- Over 500,000 identified for the vaccination priority list
- PARADIGM SHIFT | Why Is the Organization of Islamic Cooperation Silent on China’s Treatment of Uyghur Muslims When the United States Alleges Genocide?
- PNIA primed to boost nickel sector
- Choice Mart is now on foodpanda
- Public urged: Watch out for entities using games, franchise programs
- BDO offers QR Code withdrawals from select ATMs
- Your next best roommate could be a plant