TWO INDIVIDUALS were arrested after drugs and firearms were found on them while passing through the checkpoint in at Licanan, Barangay Alejandra Navarro on Sunday evening.
Edwin Flores Pelaez, 36, a resident of Doña Pilar Village, Sasa, who was allegedly caught carrying shabu weighing more or less 2.28 grams with an estimated street value of P15,504. He was driving a Toyota Hiace Super Grandia when flagged at the checkpoint.
The suspect was brought to the Bunawan Police Station as he faces a case for violation of Sec 11 of RA 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002). The vehicle was also impounded by the police.
About 15 minutes later, Godofredo Lesiquez, 52, a resident of Sugala Street, Barangay Tabon, Bislig City, Surigao del Sur, was arrested after several guns were found in his vehicle.
According to the police, they found an Intratec 9mm Luger Mod Tec-KG9 automatic pistol; Colt .45 caliber 1911 pistol with serial no. 621136; a magazine and four live bullets for a .45 caliber pistol.
He was brought to the Bunawan police to be processed and his Toyota Fortuner impounded. He will face a case for violation of RA 10591 (Illegal possession of firearms).
- `Crime of passion’ | Durante, 9 others tagged in Yvonette Plaza murder
- Rain causes landslide in Malabog
- ROUGH CUTS | Too much love involved here
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 100,000 health cards seen to be released this year, say
- HIGHER RATE | Dabawenyos to pay 20% more for water
- PH to send 14 athletes to Asian Lawn Bowls Championships
- Oil prices up for second straight week
- Barangays told: Set up your reading centers
- SOLDIER MURDERED | Unknown killers shoot soldier dead