TWO INDIVIDUALS were arrested after drugs and firearms were found on them while passing through the checkpoint in at Licanan, Barangay Alejandra Navarro on Sunday evening.
Edwin Flores Pelaez, 36, a resident of Doña Pilar Village, Sasa, who was allegedly caught carrying shabu weighing more or less 2.28 grams with an estimated street value of P15,504. He was driving a Toyota Hiace Super Grandia when flagged at the checkpoint.
The suspect was brought to the Bunawan Police Station as he faces a case for violation of Sec 11 of RA 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002). The vehicle was also impounded by the police.
About 15 minutes later, Godofredo Lesiquez, 52, a resident of Sugala Street, Barangay Tabon, Bislig City, Surigao del Sur, was arrested after several guns were found in his vehicle.
According to the police, they found an Intratec 9mm Luger Mod Tec-KG9 automatic pistol; Colt .45 caliber 1911 pistol with serial no. 621136; a magazine and four live bullets for a .45 caliber pistol.
He was brought to the Bunawan police to be processed and his Toyota Fortuner impounded. He will face a case for violation of RA 10591 (Illegal possession of firearms).
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories