TWO INDIVIDUALS were arrested after drugs and firearms were found on them while passing through the checkpoint in at Licanan, Barangay Alejandra Navarro on Sunday evening.
Edwin Flores Pelaez, 36, a resident of Doña Pilar Village, Sasa, who was allegedly caught carrying shabu weighing more or less 2.28 grams with an estimated street value of P15,504. He was driving a Toyota Hiace Super Grandia when flagged at the checkpoint.
The suspect was brought to the Bunawan Police Station as he faces a case for violation of Sec 11 of RA 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002). The vehicle was also impounded by the police.
About 15 minutes later, Godofredo Lesiquez, 52, a resident of Sugala Street, Barangay Tabon, Bislig City, Surigao del Sur, was arrested after several guns were found in his vehicle.
According to the police, they found an Intratec 9mm Luger Mod Tec-KG9 automatic pistol; Colt .45 caliber 1911 pistol with serial no. 621136; a magazine and four live bullets for a .45 caliber pistol.
He was brought to the Bunawan police to be processed and his Toyota Fortuner impounded. He will face a case for violation of RA 10591 (Illegal possession of firearms).
- Exec: Davao light spending P1.85-B in capex in 2021
- Microsoft unveils immersive education solutions to inspire educators in reimagining learning experiences
- Damosa, IWG unveil franchise partnership
- EDITORIAL | The community press today
- STATEMENT | Ending violence and ensuring jobs and rights for Filipina OFWs
- City In Photos
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Automatic writing
- Philippine Media Statement On the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- City In Photos