TWO INDIVIDUALS were arrested after drugs and firearms were found on them while passing through the checkpoint in at Licanan, Barangay Alejandra Navarro on Sunday evening.
Edwin Flores Pelaez, 36, a resident of Doña Pilar Village, Sasa, who was allegedly caught carrying shabu weighing more or less 2.28 grams with an estimated street value of P15,504. He was driving a Toyota Hiace Super Grandia when flagged at the checkpoint.
The suspect was brought to the Bunawan Police Station as he faces a case for violation of Sec 11 of RA 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002). The vehicle was also impounded by the police.
About 15 minutes later, Godofredo Lesiquez, 52, a resident of Sugala Street, Barangay Tabon, Bislig City, Surigao del Sur, was arrested after several guns were found in his vehicle.
According to the police, they found an Intratec 9mm Luger Mod Tec-KG9 automatic pistol; Colt .45 caliber 1911 pistol with serial no. 621136; a magazine and four live bullets for a .45 caliber pistol.
He was brought to the Bunawan police to be processed and his Toyota Fortuner impounded. He will face a case for violation of RA 10591 (Illegal possession of firearms).
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1