Wife, alleged lover killed by jealous husband; 2 others wounded
A JEALOUS husband gunned down his wife and her alleged lover in Morning Heights, Purok 3A, Barangay San Isidro, Bunawan District, at around 5 p.m. on Sunday.
Meanwhile, two others were brought to the hospital after they sustaining gunshot wounds on the same attack.
The suspect was identified as Luciano Ribalde Ek while his wife was Melodina Lanada Ek, both residents of the place. The other fatality was identified as Julito Bacalso, who was accused of having an affair with his wife.
Maj. Noel Villahermosa, the commander of the Bunawan Police Station, said that the two victims were drinking at the house of Elvin Bacalso. Another person, identified as Mary Jane Ribalde, was also with them.
Suddenly, the suspect barged in and pointed a pistol at the group and fired. They scattered and ran outside but he chased down and emptied his magazine at his wife and Julito and the two other victims as they tried to escape.
Both Elvin Bacalso and Mary Jane Ribalde were rushed to the Tibungco Doctor’s Hospital. Mary Jane was in critical condition as of press time while Elvin sustained a gunshot wound on the leg. Melodina and Julito died at the scene. They were still brought to the hospital but it was too late.
Recovered from the crime scene were four cartridges, a slug, and an empty magazine from a .45 caliber pistol.
Based on the interview with witnesses and neighbors, the suspect had long suspected Julito and Melodina to have an affair.
Villahermosa said he ordered a manhunt on the suspect to bring him to justice.
- GUEST EDITORIAL | A tribute to Fr. Swamy
- PARADIGM SHIFT | A New Geopolitical Paradigm Between Iran and China
- ROUGH CUTS | We need to restrain our ‘horses’
- COVID vaccination hotlines to receive calls from seniors
- 5 NPA rebels surrender in SK
- 2 nabbed for illegal substances
- MEDICAL LEAVE | Mayor Duterte in Singapore
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 8, 2021
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 7, 2021
- NCCC offers more ways to shop online