MAYOR SARA Duterte on Wednesday created the Davao City Inter-Agency Coordinating Council on Maritime Safety and Security, also known as Maritime Task Force.
Duterte signed the Executive Order No. 49 Series of 2020, which also defines the body’s powers and functions, among other purposes.
The mayor approved the recommendation of the Davao City Council’s Committee on Peace and Public Safety to establish a Maritime Coordinating Council. The body “would address challenges of ensuring interoperability operations by all concerned government agencies charged to enforce maritime protocols within the jurisdiction of Davao City.”
The newly formed council shall implement measures to address all maritime safety and security issues, conduct search and rescue operations, and enforce laws on environmental protection in the maritime waters within Davao City. It will also sustain and monitor, along with other concerned government agencies, the protection of the maritime environment, and other issues that may affect the city’s safety and security.
The task force shall also maintain a constant and updated city risk assessment on criminality, terrorism, maritime emergencies, and smuggling activities within the maritime and coastal waters of the city; develop a plan to integrate and orchestrate law enforcement operations affecting public safety and security along the city’s coastal waters; and formulate and conduct pieces of training, seminars, workshops, and other activities within and among coordinating agencies for proper implementation of duties imposed by the law.
E.O. 49 also states that the Maritime Coordinating Council shall facilitate the exchange of intelligence information and strengthen maritime enforcement operations; analyze and identify target personalities and determine emerging threats and crimes; recommend policies, plans, programs, and projects for efficient interoperability operations among agencies involved in enforcing the duties in the ordinance; and perform other duties and functions as may be directed by the mayor.
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls