A MEMBER of the New People’s Army (NPA) was killed in an armed encounter with elements of the 27th Infantry Battalion in Barangay Mapula, Paquibato District on at 2:30 p.m. on Aug. 26.
1Lt. Gen. Adrian Gautane, the civil-military operations officer, identified the slain rebel as
as Divina Sindol, 24, resident of Sitio Kisapwak, Barangay Diningan, Kitaotao, Bukidnon.
Sindol was reportedly a member of Guerilla Front 55, Sub-Regional Command 5, Southern Mindanao Regional Committee.
He said soldiers responded to information from residents about rebels planting landmines in barangays Mapula and Lumiad.
The clash resulted in the recovery of a bandolier, two magazines for an M16 rifle, and a long-sleeve shirt printed with the words “Davao-Bukidnon New People Army Southern Mindanao Region.”
During the encounter, he added that the rebels detonated a landmine along the side of the main road.
Lt Col. Victorino Seño, the commander of 27th Infantry Battalion, condemned the NPA’s continued use of landmine as it endangers residents of the barangay.
Seño also thanked the residents for giving information on the rebels’ presence. “This is a clear manifestation that the residents in the area are already tired and fed up with the NPA terrorist deception and atrocities,” he added.
The battalion commander also appealed to the NPA rebels to surrender and take advantage of the Enhanced-Comprehensive Local Integration Program (E-Clip) program and live a normal life.
“The government is willing to help and assist you to live a peaceful life you are longing for,” he further said.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1