A MEMBER of the New People’s Army (NPA) was killed in an armed encounter with elements of the 27th Infantry Battalion in Barangay Mapula, Paquibato District on at 2:30 p.m. on Aug. 26.
1Lt. Gen. Adrian Gautane, the civil-military operations officer, identified the slain rebel as
as Divina Sindol, 24, resident of Sitio Kisapwak, Barangay Diningan, Kitaotao, Bukidnon.
Sindol was reportedly a member of Guerilla Front 55, Sub-Regional Command 5, Southern Mindanao Regional Committee.
He said soldiers responded to information from residents about rebels planting landmines in barangays Mapula and Lumiad.
The clash resulted in the recovery of a bandolier, two magazines for an M16 rifle, and a long-sleeve shirt printed with the words “Davao-Bukidnon New People Army Southern Mindanao Region.”
During the encounter, he added that the rebels detonated a landmine along the side of the main road.
Lt Col. Victorino Seño, the commander of 27th Infantry Battalion, condemned the NPA’s continued use of landmine as it endangers residents of the barangay.
Seño also thanked the residents for giving information on the rebels’ presence. “This is a clear manifestation that the residents in the area are already tired and fed up with the NPA terrorist deception and atrocities,” he added.
The battalion commander also appealed to the NPA rebels to surrender and take advantage of the Enhanced-Comprehensive Local Integration Program (E-Clip) program and live a normal life.
“The government is willing to help and assist you to live a peaceful life you are longing for,” he further said.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission