LONG-TIME sports ambassador of the Bureau of Jail Management and Penology (BJMP), Jail Officer 2 Harvey Bryan G. Malnegro, the Community Relations Service and Custodial Officer of the Digos City District Jail-Female Dormitory finished a 120km Virtual Footrace within the tiny confines of their jail facility despite being under lockdown.
The IATF has strongly implemented medical protocols inside jail facilities and jail officers are not exempt from these guidelines which are designed to help contain the spread of the deadly COVID-19 virus that can infect the PDL’s (persons deprived of liberty) as well.
Surprisingly, these dire conditions did not hold him back in accomplishing this latest feat, which also helped him stay in shape both physically and mentally.
“30m ra akoa gina balik-balikan og dagan dala roving nalang sa amuang perimeter area,” Malnegro said, who eventually got used to running back n forth at the same perimeter wall within the said jail facility.
He also added that his pace has actually doubled due to the smaller area and the fatigue level is quite different from running in an open space.
The jail officer recently suffered from an open wound leaving him idle for a month. This was a big set back for his weight loss program that started last January 1, 2020, under Coach Peter Villocino.
He was 85kg back then but with his and online program and routine he is now down to 77kg.
Joining the foot race was a way for Malnegro to be motivated to run daily and regain his muscle strength.
It was also a fundraising event for a kid named Aieghn Caileigh R. Bruno who is undergoing chemotherapy due to Leukemia which made joining the race more meaningful.
The Digos City District Female Dormitory will also be holding their New Normal Virtual Duathlon under the management of the BJMP Multisport XI this coming October 25, 2020, for details and registration particulars please like and check out the BJMP Multisport XI Facebook page. (Leo Palo)
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission