A TAXI driver was arrested after sachets of shabu were allegedly found in his possession at a checkpoint in Sitio Licanan, Barangay Alejandra Navarro, Bunawan District on Saturday.
The suspect was identified as Jonathan Hoyle, 43, a resident of Purok 1, Nueva Fuersa, in Tagum City, Davao Del Norte.
He was driving his taxi unit when flagged at the checkpoint for a routine inspection. Recovered from his possession were two sachets of suspected shabu weighing 0.66 grams with an estimated street value of P4,500.
He was arrested at the joint checkpoint conducted by personnel of the Bunawan Police Station, led by Maj. Noel Villahermosa, station commander, and Capt. Jonathan Sarausas of the Task Force Davao.
The suspect is now in the custody of the Bunawan Police Station, as he faces a charge for violation of Sec. 11 of RA 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act).
In a related report, a security guard was caught in a drug buy-bust operation conducted on Friday evening.
Villahermosa identified him as Ephraim Louie Principe, 37, a resident of Purok 5, Tuganay, Carmen, Davao del Norte.
He allegedly handed over a sachet of shabu weighing 0.03 grams to the police operative in exchange for P500 money.
He is now detained in the Bunawan Police Station, facing a case for violation of sections 5 and 11 of RA 9165.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market