A TAXI driver was arrested after sachets of shabu were allegedly found in his possession at a checkpoint in Sitio Licanan, Barangay Alejandra Navarro, Bunawan District on Saturday.
The suspect was identified as Jonathan Hoyle, 43, a resident of Purok 1, Nueva Fuersa, in Tagum City, Davao Del Norte.
He was driving his taxi unit when flagged at the checkpoint for a routine inspection. Recovered from his possession were two sachets of suspected shabu weighing 0.66 grams with an estimated street value of P4,500.
He was arrested at the joint checkpoint conducted by personnel of the Bunawan Police Station, led by Maj. Noel Villahermosa, station commander, and Capt. Jonathan Sarausas of the Task Force Davao.
The suspect is now in the custody of the Bunawan Police Station, as he faces a charge for violation of Sec. 11 of RA 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act).
In a related report, a security guard was caught in a drug buy-bust operation conducted on Friday evening.
Villahermosa identified him as Ephraim Louie Principe, 37, a resident of Purok 5, Tuganay, Carmen, Davao del Norte.
He allegedly handed over a sachet of shabu weighing 0.03 grams to the police operative in exchange for P500 money.
He is now detained in the Bunawan Police Station, facing a case for violation of sections 5 and 11 of RA 9165.
- `Crime of passion’ | Durante, 9 others tagged in Yvonette Plaza murder
- Rain causes landslide in Malabog
- ROUGH CUTS | Too much love involved here
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 100,000 health cards seen to be released this year, say
- HIGHER RATE | Dabawenyos to pay 20% more for water
- PH to send 14 athletes to Asian Lawn Bowls Championships
- Oil prices up for second straight week
- Barangays told: Set up your reading centers
- SOLDIER MURDERED | Unknown killers shoot soldier dead